Back Home

"Buckle up," Tyler said, looking at me with a smile. I smiled back and did as I was told. It felt so nice to be out of that hospital, to feel the cool Michigan breeze on my face again. I sighed.

"Where's home?" He asked, pulling out of the parking lot.

"Just south of here. Keep down this road we're on and take a left where the only neighborhood off this road is. I live in the first house on the right. You'll see it," I directed. He nodded and turned on the radio.

Once we got there, I saw Alex's car in the driveway. A wave of relief washed over me as I realized she hasn't left me. Tyler and I get out of the car and knock on the door.

Alex opened the door, but she didn't greet me with a hug or a smile, like most friends would, she glared at me and let us in without a word.

"Um, hi? What's wrong?" I asked calmly.

"You need to get your stuff and leave. Now."

"What?! What did I do?!" I nearly shouted. Tyler was beside me, his eyes wide.

"I'm kidding, oh my god, (y/n), really? Me? Making you leave? I think not," she laughed and ran over to hug me. I sighed, relieved.

"I missed you so much," she said, pulling away from the hug.

"Why didn't you visit?" I asked. She pulled me over to the fridge, which had a work schedule on it.

"My boss made me add on more hours, since we're short staffed right now. I work from five to eleven now. It's tiring, and even if I wasn't tired after, I got off after visiting hours. I'm sorry, (y/n). I really wanted to come." I nodded, analyzing her work schedule. Tyler came over to look over it himself.

"Wasn't there another guy? Lee?" He asked, sitting down at the bar. Alex sighed, nodding.

"Lee, he's military. He got shipped off to the base in Japan." I hugged Alex, knowing she was upset she couldn't go.

"When is he coming back?"

"Well, he can come and visit on holidays, but he'll be station there for four years," she replied, sitting down next to Tyler, her head in her hands. I patted her back and sat next to her.

"I'm sorry, Alex. That sucks," I said.

"It does, but you're back, which is great!" She looked up with a smile. I nodded and stood up.

"Is everything where I left it in my room?" I asked, looking toward the direction of my door.

"Yeah, go ahead in."

I quickly made my way there, leaving Tyler and Alex in the kitchen.

Tyler's POV

"Does she not remember you?" Alex asked, once we heard (y/n)'s door close.

"What do you mean? We've never met before," I replied. Alex shook her head.

"You're Tyler Joseph, right? From that one band? Twenty One Pilots? She's showed me pictures of you and your band mate, uh, Josh, I think? She loves your music," she explained. I thought for a moment.

"Her memories are gone, some of them anyway. She had a major concussion," I informed Alex. She nodded.

"That's a shame. She'll probably find your songs and learn to love them again, though, I'm sure. She has a bunch on her phone. Well, she doesn't have that anymore, it was destroyed in the fall..."

"It's probably best that way," I said, and walked over to (y/n)'s room.