Last Night

Tyler came to visit every single day. Josh even came every day for about a week, but he had to go back home so he could work his side job. I did notice, however, Alex and Lee never came back to visit.

Tonight was my last night here, and Tyler is sleeping over.

"That's not against visitation rules?" I asked Nurse Mila. She shook her head.

"Nope, because he's not visiting if he's staying. Make sense?" She asked with a smile. I nodded. Tyler clapped vigorously.

"You're such a child," I said, giggling a little. He laughed.

"I am not a child. I'm a 28-year-old boy," he said, sticking his tounge out at me. Mila rolled her eyes.

"My shift is over. Date night," she said with a happy sigh. Me and Tyler smiled.

Josh had gotten to know Mila, and vice versa. Mila, however, was the one who asked Josh on a date.

"Have fun! Don't get too crazy," I smirked.

"Bye!" Tyler giggled out. She waved to us while walking out, shutting the door behind her. I sighed.

"So, last night in the hospital. What do you want to do?" Tyler asked, plopping down on the empty hospital bed. I've gotten well enough to the point of standing and walking on my own, but they're making me wear a back brace for another month. I was sitting in a guest chair.

"I dunno. We could go for a walk? I'm not sure if they will let us out, but we can try," I suggested. Tyler nodded.

"Let's walk down to the lobby and ask someone," he added, pushing himself up.

They wouldn't let us go. Which sucked, but I only had one more night. I'm free in the morning. Tyler suggested we walk around the hospital instead. So we did.

"So when you get out, what are you gonna do first?" He asked, looking over to me. I shrugged.

"Probably go get ice-cream. I've had a really bad craving for it," I laughed. Mila started letting me eat solid foods last week, but she would never bring me ice-cream, even if I asked.

"What are you, 12?" Tyler laughed back. I glared at him.

"If I'm 12 then you're 5."

"That sounds about right," he smiled. I rolled my eyes and stopped walking. We were in the hospital arcade.

Tyler cringed at the sight of it. He'd been playing every game in here for two weeks, but he's yet to win one. He shook his head and motioned for me to keep walking. I laughed and continued on.

"So your friends, Alex and Lee. I haven't seen them. Are they here when I'm not? In the early mornings?"

My smile turned to a worried frown.

"I haven't seen them since the day I woke up," I stated blankly. Tyler stopped and looked at me surprised. I shrugged.

"As long as I can get in the house, and get my things, everything is fine." Tyler kept staring at me in shock, but something shook him out of it.

"Who's your ride?" He asked.

"I guess I'm taking a cab."

"I'll drive you."

"Alright," I said, walking again.

We made it back to my room at 11:45. Both of us being tired, we decided to crash.

"(Y/n)," Tyler called from the pullout bed.

"Yeah?"

"See you in the morning."

"Goodnight, Tyler."