Moving Day

I put the last of my clothes in my suitcase. I didn't have much to pack, just three boxes worth of stuff. Tyler said the guest room he has already has a desk, so I'm just going to leave mine here for the time being. Just until I get my own apartment.

Tyler took my suitcase, putting it in the trunk of his car. I said my goodbyes to Alex, and we left.

It wasn't a terribly long drive to Cincinnati, maybe four and a half hours.

We stopped at Josh's work so we could all eat lunch together. He works at Pizza Hut.

"So how long are you staying?" Josh asked.

"Just until I can find an apartment. I was told it isn't going to be easy," I replied. Josh gave Tyler a look that I could only read as 'what the heck' and shook his head.

"Well I wish you the best of luck. I hope you don't mind me, I'm at Tyler's place a lot." I shook my head.

"Thank you, and not at all. You were here before me," I said with a smile. He laughed and nodded.

We all finished eating and talking at around one. Tyler and I decided to stay until Josh's shift was over at one thirty.

"You know what I just realized," I stated to Tyler.

"What's that?"

"I literally hibernated through the entire winter." Tyler laughed and nodded.

"You're like a bear," Tyler informed me. I laughed with him.

Time flew, and Josh came out of the kitchen, ready to leave.

At around six, I was finished unpacking and organizing my things in my temporary room.

It was quite a beautiful room. There was a walk in closet just to the left as you walk in. The walls were a light blue. There was a white dresser with a television sitting on top of it on the wall opposite of the bed. A nice desk was all the way on the wall to the right, sitting just under a rather large, but pretty, window. The queen sized bed's spread was almost the same color as the wall, which was resting on a tall, white bed frame. I was almost in tears as I turned to Tyler. I hugged him, thanking him for being so kind to me.

About an hour later, I was sitting on my bed, messing around on my laptop. I heard a soft knock at the bedroom door.

"Hey. Can I come in?"

"Tyler, it's your house. Yes, You can come in." He slightly giggled.

"I just wanted to talk," he said, during down at the desk chair. I shut my laptop and turned towards him.

"What's up?" I asked. His smile seemed to fade into a slight frown, which concerned me. It took him a moment to answer.

"I know you, uh, probably don't want to talk about this, and you don't have to, I just have a few questions-"

"About my attempt?" I cut him off. He nodded.

"Ask away," I said.

"What was your motive?"

"The voices."

"The voices? What voices?"

"The ones in my head." Tyler nodded.

"I understand. Are you okay? I just realized I haven't asked. You just.. seem okay, I guess. But are you?"

"Actually, I really am. I thought I would've had another mental breakdown after I heard that my memories were gone, most of them anyway, but I just coped with it. I'm almost glad I jumped off of that building, and survived. I'm not exactly happy about losing my memories and having to go through all this physical pain, but I can honestly say that I'm better," I explained. Tyler stood up and sat on the bed beside me, hugging me.

"Good to hear. Those were the only questions I had," he got up and walked towards my door.

"Stay alive, (y/n). It's worth it."

I've heard that somewhere before. I just can't remember where.

I've noticed that something has changed for me, mentally. One thing I can remember is the time where I couldn't remember when I had emotions, they had been gone for so long.

Now I'm flooded with them.

About thirty minutes later, I hear a piano being played downstairs. I go down to hear a little more clearly.

"Now, the night, is coming to an end, oooooooooh," Tyler sang, unaware of my presence.

"The sun, will rise, and we will try again, oooooooooh."

"Stay alive, stay alive, for me. You will die, but now your life, is free, take pride in what is sure, to, die," I sang along. I surprised Tyler, but I think I surprised myself more, just with me remembering the lyrics to the unknown song. Tyler continued to play, and we continued to sing.

Eventually, we decided we should probably eat something. Tyler called Josh and invited him over, but he could only cone if he brought us all Taco Bell.

So he did, and we all ate tacos for dinner. Afterwards, Tyler went to his room to go get something.

"Do you like it here?" Josh asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, it's really pretty. I never expected anyone to be so kind as to lend me something so beautiful." Josh smiled and nodded. Tyler came back with a deck of Uno cards.

"Hey Josh, last time me and (y/n) played this, she tried to cheat. Don't trust her," Tyler claimed. I shot him a look that said 'excuse me?'

"I didn't do that, you did! Stop trying to lie!" I laughed. Tyler looked at Josh.

"You believe me, right? We're best frens, you have to."

"No, I think (y/n)'s side of the story is more believeable."

"WHAT?!" Tyler yelled jokingly, causing Josh and I to laugh.

We played a few games, then Josh had to leave. Me and Tyler were about to head off to bed.

"Tyler?" I called.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Thank you. For all of this."

"No problem. Goodnight, (y/n)."

"Goodnight."