And So We Begin (Tyler's POV)

"TYLER! GOOD NEWS!" (Y/n) called from across the house. She's been here for four months now, I think. I don't mind it. She's so fun. It's funny how best friends can be made in such a short amount of time. She came running into the living room.

"I found an apartment! It's about an hour and a half drive from here, not too bad," I faked a smile. I really, really didn't want her to leave.

"That's great, (Y/n)," I said, trying to be as enthusiastic as I could. She nodded, smiling.

"Yep. It's not exactly mine yet, I'm competing against some girl for it," she explained.

"Well, best of luck to you," I said. She thanked me and sat down next to me on the couch, playing on her phone. I couldn't help but just stare at her, thinking about what it'll be like without her here. I won't be able to wake up and come in the kitchen, only to find her making coffee while she dances to the music through her headphones. I won't be able to look into her pretty eyes. I won't be able to talk to her as much, watch movies with her every night. She may be one of my best friends, but I can't help but want to be more than that. I've been wanting to ask her on a date for a while, but I'm so afraid of being rejected and ruining everything. Sometimes, though, you have to face your fears.

"Hey, (y/n)?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna go for a walk?"

"Yes! Let's go!" She replied quickly, throwing her phone on the couch. I chuckled and stood up, heading for the front door.

We walked around town, then deciding we should go to the park.

We were swinging on swings, and I finally got the nerve to speak up.

"(Y/n), I need to tell you something," I said softly, looking over to her beautiful eyes. She just looked at me, waiting for whatever I was going to say.

"I.. I really don't want you to move out. I know it's kind of selfish, but I really like having you around. You're so supportive, funny, enthusiastic, and the list goes on. I really like you, (Y/n), like, a lot, and I don't think I could handle being almost two hours away from you all the time. I want you here, with me," I admitted. My stomach was doing backflips. There are many outcomes to what could happen right now, but of course, my mind goes to worst case scenario, her getting up and walking away, without a word, never to be seen again.

That's not what happened.

She got up from her swing and walked over to me. She gently pulled me up, and closer to her. The small space between us was replaced by her lips on mine. I was shocked, to say the least. Her lips were soft. My hands carefully made their way to the middle of her back, her arms going around my neck. It was better than some cliche first kiss, this felt real. She pulled away and rested her forehead on mine. I couldn't stop smiling.

"I like you a lot, too," she started.

"And I'm definitely staying." Still smiling, I pulled her in for another kiss.

And so we begin.