Chapter 7 - Dinner and a Movie

I wake up to a crashing noise. "Crap!" I keep my eyes closed to get some more sleep. But the noises continue. "Ow! Crap! That hurt." A voice said. "Bro shut the hell up Alexis is sleeping." That was definitely Ryder.

"Dude nice score! Was she any good?" I keep my eyes closed cause all of a sudden this conversation was getting good. I wanted to know what he'll say.

"Dude no. She's just a friend. Shut up she needs sleep. So tell me what you where gonna tell me and get out." I can tell there's some annoyance clear in his voice. "Mom said to tell ya Dad gonna be working late. Something about a case going south. She also wants to meet your little friend."

"Yeah dude thats fine just get out. She's sleeping." Ryder says. "Not anymore." I sit up from the bed ad rub my eyes.  "Damn! You're hott." I look at the boy who looks like an older version of Ryder. So, yes he's hot. No joke.

"Not so bad yourself Mister." I look him up and down and he does the same to me. He gave me a smirk and Ryder spoke up. "Get Out Ryan!"

Ryan raised his hands and left the room. "You guys don't know how to whisper." He gave me a small smile then I remembered what happened. I told him everything. Like my whole story.

"Alex-" I cut him off. "I gotta go, Ryder." I get up from the bed and put on my shoes. Don't remember taking them off but I woke up without them. "Alexis you don't have to g-" I cut him off again. "Yeah. I actually do."

"Alexis please. You don't have to be so closed off anymore. I'm here." He whispered that last part but I still caught it. "Thank you for everything Ryder but I really have to go."

He shook his head. "No. You where invited by my own mother for dinner. You have no choice in this. You will go to dinner come back up here and watch a movie or something then you can leave."

Is he really bossing me around? Can't believe it. "Fine." He sighs and sits back down on his bed. "What time is it?" I ask him. "Somewhere around 5:45. No later 6." What ! No way I slept for 5 hours. Damn. Story time must of drained a lot out of me.

"Dinner is gonna be ready in about 10 minutes.So get ready." Ryder informs me I gave him a look. "I am ready." He scanned me up and down. Then nodded. "Okay let's go down. You can talk to my mom. For some reason she really wants to get to know you."

We walk down the long stairs and head down the beautiful hallway that opens to a beautiful kitchen with white marble contours.

There was a lady with beautiful dark hair flowing down her back who I'm guessing is Ryder's mom, she was looking into the oven and checking on her meal.

"Mom." She jolts up while yelling "Ryder!" She holds on to her chest and walks towards us. She slaps Ryder's arm "You scared the fuck out of me!"

I automatically like this woman. "Mom! Language." She gave her son a look which obviously means 'do not tell you mother what to do'.

I extend my hand "Hello I'm Alexis." She doesn't take my hand but she gives me a bone crashing hug.

"Mom humans need this thing called oxygen to live." Ryan says walking in the kitchen saving me from being oxygen deprived. "Don't be sassy to your mother."

"Now you..." She said pointing to Ryder. ".....take the food out and prepare it in our nice platers." Ryder left my side and did as he was told. "And you...." She said pointing to Ryan who was trying to escape the kitchen. "....set the table for 4. Put the white plates and don't forget the utensils."

Ryan sighed but did what his mom asked. "What can I do Mrs.Williams?" I didn't feel comfortable when people where working I'm not doing anything.

"Nothing sweetheart that's why I had children.They do everything for you." I laugh at her little comment. "Wow, Mom I feel the love." Ryan yells from the dinning room.