Surprised, she reached over and picked up a surprisingly light and soft. She opened it to see that it was a beautiful, scarlet and gold stripped scarf. Bewildered, she looked around for a note to see who it was from... only to blush as red as a Christmas tree ornament.

To: Ginny
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
From: Harry

Feeling as if her heart would explode with emotion she hugged it to her heart before she wrapped it around her neck. She felt so warm... and not just from the scarf... she felt as if her heart was warming her whole insides...

Once she was done putting her presents away, she carefully folded the scarf back up and tucked it away inside her pocket. She would have to thank him... if she could only remember how to thank him when she saw him that is...

Once she had finally dressed she went downstairs to the common room and saw that Hermione and the boys were already there. Another smile appeared on her face when she saw her brothers, and Harry each had on a festive Weasley sweater. Harry was playing a quick game of chess with Ron before they went down for breakfast and Hermione was going through a new book.

Feeling happier than she had been feeling for months, Ginny pulled out her diary and the new quill that Hermione gave her and began to write.

Dear Tom! It's Christmas! Merry Christmas!

Is it now? Oh, that's right, you told me that. Merry Christmas to you, Ginny! Now, tell me, what did you get?

Oh, a lot of stuff! she wrote excitedly. I mostly get candy and... she abruptly stopped there. She had only now remembered how Tom had been scaring her lately, and for some reason, she suddenly felt uneasy about telling him everything.

And? Tom wrote back curiously.

Oh nothing, Ginny finished quickly. Just a few small things from my brothers and a sweater from mum. Nothing to special I guess. Hopefully Tom won't suspect anything.

They both talked for a short time, Tom telling her of his Christmas days... and how he didn't receive much of anything from the orphanage where he grew up in.

Oh, I'm sorry, Tom, Ginny told him sadly when he finished talking about how he would be lucky to get a set of clothes at that horrible place.

Never mind Ginny, he wrote back kindly. I never minded. But I did enjoy Christmas much more after I arrived at Hogwarts. Besides, I had a lot of other things to do than sit around watching everyone open their presents. But to me the feast was always the best...

Oh, Ginny asked excitedly, Is it good?

It is amazing, Tom repeated.

"Ginny?" Ron's voice called suddenly. She looked up to see that everyone was getting ready to head downstairs. "You coming?"

"Yeah," she answered and gave Tom a hurried goodbye. She shut the diary up and slipped it in her pocket. As they all excited through the portrait hole, Harry gave a loud yawn. That was when he noticed that she was walking right behind him.

"Oh, hey Ginny," he said brightly. "Merry Christmas."

Ginny tried... she really did try to say something to him. But as soon as she opened her mouth, a faint gurgling noise came out.

• • • • •

The Christmas feast was unlike anything that Ginny had ever seen before in her life. There were twelve frost covered trees lined up the Great Hall covered with hundreds of decorations and enchanted snow falling from the ceiling.