Black Eye and Broken

Vulcan’s eye opened. He blinked a few times wondering where he was. Was he dead? Was this the afterlife?

He couldn’t hear anything other than a ringing noise in his ears. This echoed from a massive headache which suddenly grabbed Vulcan’s sense, nearly sending him unconscious again.

He grunted from the pain and suddenly there was a man standing above him. He wore strange clothing and a kind of helmet, it took Vulcan a moment to realize that he was a fireman.

The fireman was talking to him but he couldn’t hear a word over the ringing. Vulcan spent the next minute or so trying to indicate that he couldn’t hear anything, it was difficult especially when his headache prevented him from thinking clearly about what to do.

In the end the fireman nodded and extended a hand. Vulcan grabbed it and was hauled to his feet; he stood shakily for a moment before dropping down onto one knee. Whatever Skull had done to him, it had messed up quite a few things in his head.

Vulcan waited there for some time, he probably looked strange to anyone watching, a tall and heavily built young man down on one of his knee’s staring at the floor, not moving a muscle, waiting for his hearing to come back, he knew his ears were fine, Skull had hit the back of his head, at least that’s where he thought Skull had hit him.

After what had seemed like an eternity Vulcan’s hearing flooded back to him, clearing some of his headache as it did so. Immediately Vulcan was bombarded with sound, firemen and police officers were running around, putting out fires and checking the vault out respectively. Some wondered out loud how Skull had managed to get into the vault and were looking for visible holes within the vault that he could have made entering the fortified room.

It was however very obvious how he had gotten in, even Vulcan could see it through his headache, Skull had blown the Vault door open like it had been made of paper.

Bolt stumbled up beside him “Impressive isn’t it?”

“No one should have that much power,” Vulcan answered.

“Conduct could do the same,”

“His powers only affect metal, and he moves it, not breaks it with sheer force. Whatever that was it shouldn’t be available to anyone but the giants,”

“I don’t even know if the giants had that kind of power,”

“They didn’t, they were even stronger. How’s Tornado?”

“In shock, well actually he’s out cold in an ambulance; he was in shock before he fainted,”

“Ouch, like you,”

“Yea, but he got worse, all Skull did is push me backwards,”

“You fainted on your own,” Vulcan chuckled.

“Yea…” Bolt glanced down at the floor embarrassed.

Vulcan ignored him and began walking around the room, the marble floor looked as if it had all been burnt intentionally, even the spot where he had been standing during his attack. It could have just been the heat blackening the stone, but that didn’t sound right in his head.

Had he really managed to burn the whole lobby of the bank? But the whole room was made of marble and stone, and that doesn’t burn usually.

Vulcan turned back to Bolt “I think I used Volcano heat in here,”

“Felt like it to me man, felt it even while I was unconscious,” Bolt said with a pained look on his face.

“And Skull managed to not only survive it, but blast through and take Tornado and I out within seconds of each other,”