Force to be reckoned with

The TV flickered again. It was a terrible example of workmanship. But then, Asylum’s weren’t noted for the quality of equipment they possessed to entertain those kept within.

Skull knew this well. He had been in this cell for too long. Before that, he had been in jail after jail. Not a single one was below maximum security.

They knew something was supernatural about him. After all, he had managed to survive being shot by rifles, cannons, stabbed, falling from cliffs, jumping off cliffs and all manner of dangerous things. On top of this he never cringed if punched. Although the officials didn’t understand fully why he was so dangerous.

Even if they didn’t they were wise enough to have him pinned down and completely unable to move. What made things worse was that the room was completely black, other than the small screen showing the same film over and over again.

Skull growled. The steel face mask he wore distorted the sound and made it all the more menacing.

He didn’t like it at all.

Then suddenly it came to him.

An evil grin crossed his mouth and then he began chanting quietly.

Hours had passed and he had missed both his meals, the guards rarely gave him enough food to struggle. They knew he would always struggle. However, this time something was different. As the guards entered, armed to the teeth in case he escaped, they found him with his eyes closed and muttering in a strange language.

“Told you this guy’s insane, kills people, then claims he talks to ghosts,”

“Yea, I heard about that, on his trial he claimed the ‘spirits’ would save him after they locked him up,”

“Anyone that kills that many people doesn’t deserve to live; they should have killed him instead,”

The guard put down the bowl of food and walked over to where a spoon lay, since Skull couldn’t move they had to give it to him like he was a baby.

“They don’t know how to kill him you know,” The other guard said in a fearful voice, raising his side arm until it was pointing directly at Skull’s head.

Skull smiled under his mask as he finished chanting, his incantation finished.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” He muttered.

“What was that?” the guard said, his head tilted to the side.

“Uh, Mark,” the other guard said in an unsure voice.

“Yea, what?” Mark demanded.

“What’s that glowing thing over there?”

“What? Oh shit! What the hell is that,” both the guards drew back as a strange glowing form emerged from the wall.

“Gentlemen, meet the spirit yng’mesh, he is a kind little thing, known for mangling human beings with its razor sharp teeth,” Skull said, his body trembling with laughter.

Yng’mesh moved its long snake like body to face the two guards; it opened its maw, revealing a very real set of gleaming teeth that resembled daggers.

“You mean… You’re not insane?”

“No, I’m not,” Skull turned to yng’mesh, “sick em’ boy”

The guards screamed as yng’mesh descended upon them. Skull couldn’t see, and he was quite thankful for it, yng’mesh was a messy killer.

Once the screams had finally stopped and yng’mesh was sated for the moment the spirit rose from the floor, hovering in front of Skull with its jaw clenched. It would never harm one that summoned it, merely those that threatened him.