Captive

Vulcan was thrown into a dark room, no light emanated around the space.

“Hey it’s that guy,” came Tornado’s voice from within.

“They finally brought you in here too then?” Bolt asked.

“Yea seems that way,” Vulcan struggled to his feet, his hands had been bound and he had been in this strange facility for hours without food, maybe they had meant to exhaust him so he couldn’t use his powers properly. “They’re thorough, took my helmet and everything,”

“And that Warrior guy with it,” Bolt sounded disappointed.

“We thought we could use him to bust on out of here,” Tornado finished.

“Unlikely,” Vulcan grunted as he finally regained his feet on his now unsteady legs. “Warrior was more drained than I am now. And I can’t rest fully given a few days without eating anything,”

“Wow, he sounds tank,” Bolt said gloomily.

“Not at the moment, didn’t you hear what fire dude said?”

“My names Vulcan,”

“Well ain’t that special?” Tornado jeered.

Vulcan walked over to him but Bolt piped up before anything could happen “they told us to take a seat so we could be questioned by some guy whose name I have already forgotten,”

“Terry something wasn’t it?”

“Interrogator?” Vulcan asked.

“How did you know? Did they tell you too?”

Vulcan sighed “never mind I’ll tell you later,”

“You might not have so much time,” a foreign voice said from across the room, as it did lights lit up all over, covering the three who were now all seated in a blinding light, they all raised their hands to cover their eyes. Vulcan lowered his almost immediately however, his eyes were more accustomed to bright lights than the other two.

“Now you are all seated,” a man was sitting in a chair with one leg crossed over the other, in one hand he seemed to be holding a glass of some kind of liquid. His form was obscured completely by the light, which merely cast a shadowy outline of the man.

Vulcan quickly turned to Bolt “I don’t think that’s soda he’s got there,” Bolt smiled slightly.

“Silence! You know why you’re here!”

“Because some armed guy’s chucked us in a van, bound our hands and threw us in here,” Tornado grunted in what appeared to be anger.

“No! You fool’s! You’re criminals of the worst kind!”

“How? We stopped a guy make off with hundreds of thousands worth of gold!” Tornado yelled at the man.

“Silence! You lie!” The man hissed. “Why were four men found dead after your attack and why was the gold gone? Where did you stash it?”

“Uh, Vulcan…” Bolt spoke slowly trying to get the name right, “did you and what’s his face have a hideout,”

“I knew you were criminals!” The man snapped from the other side of the room.

“Shut up!” Vulcan growled, “If you send your men in they will get massacred do you hear me? Slaughtered! The other guy Conduct has all the advantages in his junk yard,”

“Which one?”

“You’re not listening!”

“A few police is a little cost for that much gold,”

“If you go you will lose them all!”

“How could one petty criminal stop a whole police brigade?”

“Bullets won’t work, neither will guns, they won’t fire,”

“No human being in the history of mankind has been immune to bullets,”

“Good thing for Conduct he isn’t human,”

“Come on, we all could see through your little magic tricks there, that was merely a public spectacle so you could get away with the gold,”

“You’re a stubborn arse and you’re blind to boot,” Tornado spat.

“We almost died trying to stop him getting away with the gold, and how do you possibly think that was a ‘magic trick’? The damage was way too realistic,”

“You’re avoiding the subject, you three are charged with a quadruple murder and a bank heist, and we can shorten your terms to twenty years if you help us bring in this ‘Conduct’,”

“Bullshit, you won’t be able to bring him in,” Tornado sprang up, his handcuffs falling to the floor.

“What? How did you?”

“Explain that with magic tricks,” as the man tried to rise Tornado snapped his hands and the man was forced down by some invisible force.

Bolt was up in a flash, his own pair of handcuffs falling to the floor, in the blink of an eye his own hand moved to the light, a bolt of power erupted from the light and flowed into his body.

Everything went dark, confusing the people outside watching through the one way mirror.

A second later a small area lit up again, Vulcan stood in the center of the light, in each of his hands, which he held out slightly from his own body, sat a flame not overly bright but bright enough to cast some light on his two new companions.

“You need us to take him down, if you don’t then you may as well consider him the new emperor, because I’m sure that’s what he intends, and without us then you have absolutely no hope of stopping him,”

“What are you?” croaked the man in the chair.

“We,” Vulcan paused and looked at Tornado, then Bolt in turn, “we are the Heirs of the Elements, and this world, is by right ours thank you very much,”

The flames went out as a team of armed guards swarmed into the room.