Not alone by a long shot

Somewhere down the corridor Tornado was shouting at the TV, he clearly was not enjoying who was winning the latest talent show.

“Chaser should win! Chaser! You hear me!”

Vulcan shook his head, he was on the phone and needed him to be quiet. “Excuse me sir,”

“Of course, you should shut up your companion,” the director replied in a bored voice.

“Bolt! Bolt get out of the damn kitchen!” Vulcan roared.

Bolt’s head flew around the corner, the remains of a chocolate cake covering his face “yes?”

“Shut Tornado up please, I’m talking to the director,”

“You mean scary suit guy?”

“Yes, that one,”

“Ok, I got this,” Bolt flexed his hands and then threw a bolt of lightning across the room, it hit Tornado square in the chest, knocking the spindly guy onto his back.

“ow, what was that for!” Tornado demanded.

“Shut up man, boss dude’s on the phone,”

“Fine,” Tornado Crossed his hands and glared angrily at Bolt who walked back into the kitchen.

“So,” Vulcan continued, “what’s the news?”

“Minor Earthquakes have been springing up along the coastal town of Newdon, along with strange tides which only seem to be on the beachfront. It’s very strange and I believe one of your heirs is there.”

“It’s gotta be two, no one can control two I told you,”

“Earthquakes can cause large waves and the like,”

“Point taken, anything else I should know?”

“The towns hiding in doors so your team can move around freely, you can even get in a fight, although I really don’t want you too,”

“Conduct could have gotten there first,”

“I know, while we had you three in custody he robed another bank, so he’s got some money behind him now,”

Vulcan cursed under his breath, in the next room he could hear grunting as his companions started wrestling on the floor over a banana, Tornado was trying to choke Bolt who in turn was clawing Tornados stomach.

“We aren’t much of a team you know, we barely know each other and I haven’t even tested their skills yet,”

“You need to know if these two are on our side or not Vulcan, we don’t have time to argue,”

“Fine,” Vulcan sighed, “How do we get there?”

“Go outside, bring goggles,”

“Ok then, you haven’t bought us a plane have you?”

“No, that would be too suspicious, even in your neighbourhood,”

“Ok, I’m on it,”

“Good luck,” the Director hung up the phone and Vulcan rushed into his room.

He grabbed his pair of goggles and his canvas bag, slipping Warrior’s helmet into the bag as he did so.

Lastly he pulled a leather jacket out from under his bed, and then retrieved his armour, it still wasn’t finished but that didn’t matter, it worked and he was happy enough about that.

He clamped the armour over his dark jeans, it fit perfectly and despite not being worn for almost a week it was warm to the touch, like it had been kept near a heater. The jacket was a lot less outlandish however, black leather with a flame pattern rising from below, the flames licking at his upper torso. He put this on over his tank top and grabbed the goggles and bag, once he had left his room he walked into the living room.

Bolt was gasping for air while Tornado was finishing off the banana they had been fighting over. Once he was done Bolt stopped gasping and turned angrily towards him like the air had just returned to his lungs.

“Guys, let’s go, we have someone to find,”

“Who?”

“If I’m right we have an Earth and Water elemental, maybe just an Earth one but regardless we need to leave now before Conduct gets there,”

“Right,” they both said jumping up.

“And Tornado, get rid of the banana skin, I don’t want it left on the floor,”

“Sure,” Tornado threw it out the window.

They reached the beachfront of Newdon just as the sun was beginning to go down. The beach should have been packed on a hot day like this. Vulcan pulled up against the stone wall separating the beachfront houses from the beach itself; it was only waist high so he could easily see the young couple on the beach.

He stayed on his bike and watched, goggles still on his head.

“Why are we here?” Tornado asked cutting off his bikes engine.

“They’re the only ones on the beach,” Vulcan mused “and remember there was a tremor that sent everyone fleeing indoors as soon as we arrived. So why aren’t they hiding inside?”

“They would rather make out?” Bolt stated unsure.

“Then why is that puddle of seawater surrounding them, its run uphill to do that,”

Bolt and Tornado both made an “Ah,” sound as they realised what Vulcan meant.

“So what do we do?”

“Shouldn’t you two be indoors?” Vulcan yelled across to them, as he did so his bag slid to the ground, clinking as the metal within hit the ground.

The guy looked up and brushed his blonde hair from his eyes, it was actually longer than his girlfriends. She just lay there looking at him.

“What do you want match face?” He shouted defensively.

Vulcan grunted, “It’s been pretty Quakey around here hasn’t it, and everyone is cowering inside but you two,”

Vulcan dismounted as he said this and then jumped over the stone wall, landing on the sand heavily. Bolt and Tornado behind him.

“You don’t want to fight around here, he’ll smash all three of you,” the girl said rising slightly. She had pale skin and had dyed her short hair purple.

“Not here to start trouble,” Bolt said.

“You look like it dickweed,” the guy snarled.

Bolt recoiled, hurt. “That’s really mean,”

“Get used to it,”

“Don’t call him that,” Vulcan said menacingly.

“Or what? You gonna hurt me with those meaty hands of yours?”

Vulcan laughed, “so your as stupid as you look, good, this will be easy then,”

As he said that the guy flicked his hand and the sand below Vulcan and the others erupted, sending them flying backwards.

Vulcan leaped to his feat, “bastard!” he growled.

“Can’t beat a guy like this can you? Human,” The guy snarled and Vulcan could see a grin on his girlfriends face, she already knew what he was.

“Ok then, since we all know about this stuff,” Vulcan turned to Bolt, “take left, Tornado you take right,”

“Telling me what you are going to do mortal?”

“Yes, but,” Vulcan flicked his hands and flame consumed his arms, not touching the leather beneath, “I’m not mortal,”