Warrior

“How did you-” Conduct asked, a blank expression on his face.

“It’s a secret,” Warrior grunted lifting one of his open palms towards Conduct.

Conduct jumped, throwing the metal shield between him and the hand. As soon as he moved a wall of fire erupted from Warrior’s hand which shimmered with heat of its own.

The metal immediately became red hot, and within a moment it began to melt away. Conduct moved it again to block the whole street and began sprinting down the street. Attempting to escape the flames and restock his arsenal of weaponry.

As he ran the badly injured forms of Bolt and Tornado hindered his movement with bolts of lightning and blocks of solid air tripping him over in his mad dash.

Moments later the whole block of steel disintegrated into a pool of molten metal. Warrior stepped through the fiery haze.

“What do you want from me?” Conduct shouted tripping over another block of air.

“Vengeance, worm,” Warrior muttered in a very menacing tone, even for him.

As Conduct rose to his feet he sent a large pole towards his assailant. Warrior sidestepped the attack muttering “pitiful,”

Conduct ran again, sending whatever he could find back towards Warrior, every attempt was unsuccessful as the juggernaut marched on melting the tar rode beneath his booted feet.

“There’s no use running worm, you can’t get away at that pace,” he looked up and those menacing eyes focused upon Bolt and Tornado up on the rooftops before falling back to Conduct “not with those two hindering you’re movements anyway, you see. They have honor, they fight on despite the wounds given to them while you wished to slit their throats and run when they regained consciousness,”

“No I ran because I faced a more experienced Malus,”

“I see, Vulcan did not tell me, no matter, today I fight you, regardless of what you are!” Warrior flung a fireball which slammed into Conduct’s chest with the power of a speeding truck.

Conduct fell onto his back, winded and burning, he managed to smother the flames quickly and regain his breath but by the time he had risen to his feet Warrior had closed in.

“Ready to die?”

“Are you?” Conduct yelled splaying his palm between himself and Warrior.

Shrapnel of all kinds flew towards Warrior. It hit him with such a force that the almost Ethereal figure stumbled backwards, but he did not grimace in pain, and right before Conducts eyes the metal pieces began to melt as they embedded themselves into Warrior’s charcoal like skin.

Conduct swallowed. Warrior grinned.

“As a Malus you are much harder to kill, so I suppose I should use it,”

“You don’t mean?” Conduct muttered.

“Yes I do,” Warrior cleared his throat.

“VOLCANO HEAT!” He roared in a supernatural tone. The whole air around him began to heat up almost immediately, the temperature rising faster and faster by the second.

Conduct began to back away, but the heat moved faster than he could, soon the fire emanating from Warrior’s body was becoming similar to that of a blast furnace.

Warrior shut his eyes, as he did so the tar around his feet vaporised and pockets of flame erupted around him which spread quickly.

Conduct managed to get to his feet as the air began to buffet him and every nearby object.

“I have to end this now!” Conduct grunted, his arms flailed for a second and then shot out towards Warrior, from all around him pieces of metal rose, and he began to direct them using his arms. The pieces were quite sizeable, even compared to his solid block from before and they moved clumsily. But they did their job.

Quickly Warrior was trapped within an airtight cage of various metals; Conduct continued to pile on metal, knowing all too well that Warrior’s devastating ability could melt straight through the weak metal lying around. But if he held him long enough then he would cut out all the air.

More metal flew onto the pile, making a strange picture in the middle of the road; some might have called it modern art.

Conduct felt certain that now would be a good time to leave, just in case, he was tired beyond measure and if that monster decided his cage was too weak then he would be in terrible danger.

He limped off in a hurry followed by shouts and curses from Tornado and Bolt, streaming down on him from a nearby rooftop.