Chapter 14

*Emma's POV*

I was still laying on Killian's lap when I woke up, his fingers running through my hair slowly. I had so much happening in my head, I already had a migraine. The trouble with the baby, what I was going to do about work, and Neal... Neal was an issue I hadn't planned on dealing with again, but now suddenly he was working for my fiance. This was crazy.

"I need you to make this work," Killian said into his phone, bringing me out of my thoughts. "No, she needs to come to my apartment, Emma's on bed rest... Of course, I can have Luke pick her up in and hour. Thank you so much."

"Killian?" I asked a bit sleepily, turning on my back to look up at him as he hung up. "What was that about?"

"I'm just having another doctor come check on you," he said gently, still stroking my hair. "She's an expert, and I want to be sure you're definitely alright."

"You worry too much," I sighed, sitting up and closing my eyes again as I cuddled into his side with his arms around me. "But thank you. It'll make me feel better to talk to someone who isn't reading about it in a text book."

"Me too," he agreed, kissing my forehead and rubbing my side gently. "She'll be here in an hour, you want some dinner?"

"Stay with me," I said as I wrapped my arms around him and he held me tighter. "I'm not that hungry."

"I can order something," he offered. "You need to eat, love, you know that."

"Just don't go anywhere," I mumbled, feeling him smile against my hair. "God my head hurts. Why is it so bright in here?"

"Sorry, love," he said, grabbing his tablet and suddenly the lights dimmed quite a bit. I sighed and relaxed as he tucked my hair behind my ear. "There you go, that better?"

"Much," I nodded, kissing his neck softly. "Thank you. What else have you been up to since I fell asleep?"

"Just planning something for us," he said, clearly trying too hard to sound nonchalant as he ordered food. "Nothing too interesting. Do you want to lay down in bed?"

"I'm okay here," I said as I pulled my legs up and cuddled closer to him. "What were you planning?"

"Well I thought some fresh air would be good for us," he started and I looked up at him with confusion. "I-I thought maybe I'd take you camping. You wouldn't have to do anything obviously, I'd do it all, but the company isn't expecting me for a while anyway and almost all the time we spend together I'm attached to some electronic and you don't have my full attention. I want to spend some time just you and me."

"Okay," I smiled a bit and his face lit up. "When did you want to go?"

"I was thinking tomorrow whenever we wake up," he shrugged, hiding his excitement. "I know you said you'd never gone, so I want to go all out. Luke is out right now getting all the things I picked out so I could stay with you, and when the doctor gets here I'm going to make sure I know everything about how to take care of you."

"You're so cute," I smiled, putting my hand on his cheek and leaning up to kiss him softly. "That all sounds great, I just have to tell my roommates so they don't freak out."

"Of course," he agreed, getting a small smirk on his face. "I guess I haven't taken you home in a while, have I?"

"Nah, but I like it here," I said and kissed his cheek. "I get to be  with you, and no one is here to interrupt us like at my place."

"You can move in whenever you want, you know?" he said innocently, tucking my hair behind my ear. "You're here almost all the time anyway, and then you wouldn't have to worry about going back and forth. I've been here a solid month, we work, Swan, we work great together and you know it."