Chapter 8

* Emma's POV *

"Woah, look at you," Ruby said when she walked in on me getting ready for the benefit with Killian

"Woah, look at you," Ruby said when she walked in on me getting ready for the benefit with Killian. "I've never seen you so dressed up, not even for prom."

"That's because I didn't go to prom, remember?" I said as I put my earrings in. "Neal thought it was stupid, so even though all my friends were going and I really wanted to go, he went out with his friends and I sat at home."

"Okay," she said awkwardly. "Just trying to give you a compliment. Shouldn't you be more excited?"

"I couldn't be more excited to see Killian, I just," I sighed, sitting down on my bed to put on my shoes. "I don't want to embarrass him in front of all those people. I never thought about how important he was and all the things he has to be involved in outside of work, I'm ridiculous in that world."

"Come on," she sighed, pulling me back up and making me stand in front of the mirror. "Now look at yourself. You look ridiculously beautiful. You belong in that world because fate has a sense of humor and you belong with him. Just think about being with him and the look on his face when he sees you walk in in this dress."

"Thank you," I said quietly, wiping my tears before they could fall and smoothing my dress over my small bump. "I should go. He's coming straight from the airport so I said I'd meet him there so he wouldn't have to worry about me."

"I can drive you if you want," she offered as she followed me downstairs. "I'm assuming you'll be going home with him, but I have to go get some groceries anyway."

"Thanks," I half smiled, letting her drive me downtown. She wished me luck, reminding me to breathe before letting me go inside. I followed the signs to the hall like he'd told me to, blown away by how beautiful it was as I was descending the stairs. I could just see Killian's profile in a group across the room, smiling to myself as I went over to him and lightly touched his shoulder. "Sorry to interrupt, I was just looking for my boyfriend."

"Swan," He grinned, grabbing me in a hug so tight my feet lifted off the ground and I giggled at him. "You're finally here. I've missed you."

"I told you I'd be here," I giggled as he set me down and put one of his hands on my cheek with the other arm still tight around me. "You saw me three days ago and you've been busy doing important things with important people, how have you had time to miss me?"

"Because I love you," he said simply and kissed me lightly before turning back to the group with his arm resting on my waist. "Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Emma Swan. Emma, these are the investors I've been telling you about."

"Nice to meet you all," I smiled, shaking all their hands politely before Killian took it in his. We talked for a while and I met probably every person in the room, things getting awkward when I was offered a drink. "Oh, uhm, no thank you. I can't drink."

"Why not?" one man asked and suddenly I realized I was the only woman who wasn't sitting at the bar. "We have anything you'd want, we can get something else for you."

"Oh no, it's not that," I assured them, looking at Killian who nodded reassuringly and squeezed my hip. "It's just that I'm pregnant, so I'm not really drinking anymore."

I was glad they were all men at that point so they didn't do anything but congratulate us and move on. Once those conversations had wound down Killian led me to the dance floor, pulling me against him and holding my hand to his chest while my other arm was around his shoulder. I just smiled a bit, leaning my head on his chest and closing my eyes as he swayed us to the music.

"Emma," he said quietly and I opened my eyes to meet his. "Can I ask you something? Without you panicking?"

"Sure?" I said with confusion, lifting my head from his chest to look at him better. "What is it?"

"Would you marry me?" he asked and I froze, doing as I said I wouldn't and panicking. "I don't mean now, I just mean getting engaged. I want you to know that I'll be here, I want you to be sure. I know we just told each other we love each other, and I'm not saying we have to do anything right now, I just want the world to know that you're mine as much as I am yours."

"Killian," I whispered in shock, swallowing a sob when he pulled a ring out of the inside pocket of his tux. "Oh my god, you're serious?"

"Extremely," he confirmed, looking back to my tear filled eyes

"Extremely," he confirmed, looking back to my tear filled eyes. "I love you, Emma Swan, and even if we don't get married until our baby is a grandparent, I want to be only yours. Always."

"Oh dear god," I breathed and my knees gave out, leaving him to hold me up as my heart beat out of my chest. He gently led me to a table in the back and sat me down, kneeling in front of me with both my hands in his. "Killian, I-I'm twenty years old, I work at a bookstore. I'm barely dealing with the reality of finally being a mother and an actual girlfriend. This is just..."

"A lot, I know," he sighed, looking guilty. "I didn't mean to put this on you like that, I only thought... after what we talked about the day of the ultrasound you'd want this, too."

"Wait," I stopped him, starting to get angry. "Are you only with me because of the baby? Because you think I can't do this myself? Because I can assure you, I'm fine. I got pregnant on my own, I can raise a baby alone."

"Oh, Emma, no," he said quickly, stopping me from getting up. "I love you more than I can even say, and I just wanted you to know that. And that even if I'm gone like I have been that I'm always going to come back to you and only you. And like I said, we don't even have to make a single plan until you want to."

"Okay," I agreed quietly after a few moments and he cocked his eyebrow questioningly. "I said yes, now kiss me before I cry."

His face lit up and he quickly stood, bringing me with him into his arms. I hugged him tightly around his neck, squeezing my eyes shut and burying my face in his shoulder. He pulled away a moment later to slide the ring on my finger before pressing his lips to mine. We kept it soft but let it grow passionate, his tongue soon meeting mine as we lost ourselves in each other even just for a moment.

"Its late," he whispered against my lips. "I think it's time we get out of here, don't you?"

Okay, loves, I'm going to try to update one of my other stories today before I update this again. Also, shoutout to LostInOUAT for suggesting this literally as I was writing it! Kudos! Anyway, leave any other suggestions and I'll get to them ASAP! Later, loves!