Chapter 1

Alright, loves, this is just a preview to see how you all react, so please leave every thought and reaction so I know if it's worth continuing. Thanks!

*Emma's POV*

"Remind me again why you're doing this?" one of my best friends and roommates, Mary Margaret asked as she sat down at the table with me. "You're only twenty, there's plenty of time to do this the right way."

"I'm tired of doing everything the right way," I said, shaking my head as I opened the binder. "I'm ready for this now, so I'm doing it now. After everything with Neal last year, I'm done hoping there will be a guy out there that can actually be who he says he is and make me happy."

"But Emma this is a baby we're talking about," she tried for the thousandth time since I'd told her my plan to reason with me. "Your whole life is going to change, why would you want to do this alone?"

"Of course my life is going to change, that's the point," I sighed. "Are you going to help me pick a sperm donor, or just sit there and judge me?"

"Fine," she gave in, scooting closer to go through the donor profiles with me. A few minutes later she stopped me, rereading the one in front of her. "What about this guy? Pretty tall, 25, blue eyes, dark hair. Says he owns his own shipping company and went to NYU."

"Let me see," I said, pulling the binder closer to me to read the profile, extremely intrigued considering everyone else in that binder seemed like a loser to be honest. "I actually really like this one, sounds kind of cute. And did you read the personal statement? I love it."

"You gunna go with him then?" she prompted. "When is your appointment?"

"In less than an hour," I sighed, getting up and getting on my jacket, still looking at the page. "But yeah, I'm going with donor 0815. I have to go, but hopefully when I see you again I'll be pregnant."

"Good luck," she sighed, the disapproving tone still in her voice. "David is coming over after work so he'll probably be here when you get home, just so you know."

I just nodded and headed out. The closer I got to the office the more nervous I got. Did I really want to do this? Mary Margaret was right, I'd never even had sex and I was going to have a baby? I was so caught up in my thoughts I nearly got hit by a car, being pulled back and finding myself against someone's chest.

"Careful there, love," A deep voice said with the most intoxicating accent and I looked up to find an even more heart stopping face. "You're going to get yourself killed. You alright?"

"Yeah, uhm," I cleared my throat, making myself take a step back and he let his hands drop though there was less than a foot between us. "I guess I was just a little lost in my own head. Thank you."

"Of course," he half smiled and my heart stuttered when he lifted my hand to kiss my knuckles. "Killian Jones, by the way, nice to meet you."

"Right," I laughed a bit at myself as he let my hand go again. "Emma Swan, nice to meet you too."

"Where were you headed?" he asked casually, getting a small smirk. "Maybe I should walk you the rest of the way, just to make sure you get there."

"Thanks," I laughed again and we started walking. "I just have a doctor's appointment is all, so its not far."

"Well there are far too many streets in between to be safe for you all on your own," he teased me, making me giggle a bit and he grinned. "I'd gladly walk you back as well if you'd like, you're lovely company."

"You're not so bad either, " I half smiled as we got to the hospital and I stopped outside the clinic entrance. "But I doubt you want to wait around in a gynecologists office while I get a check up."

"Can I call you then?" he asked, taking me by surprise. "I don't mean to be forward, I just... honestly you're the first woman I've ever met who can not only understand my sense of humor, but actually seems to think it's funny."

"You know what?" I sighed, studying his eyes for another moment before digging a pen out of my purse. "Yes, you can call me or text me any time."

"Really?" he asked with shocked excitement, watching me as I wrote my cell phone number on his palm. "I thought I was acting like a total idiot."

"A little," I giggled at him, blowing on his hand to dry the ink. "But I find it rather endearing. Thanks again for walking me here and basically saving my life. I have to go, but maybe I'll hear from you later."

I didn't wait for an answer, just going inside and waiting for the elevator. I could just barely see him when I looked back, looking at his hand like he'd won the lottery. I giggled to myself, just going upstairs and checking in. It took until I was on the table with my legs in the stirrups to realize that maybe I shouldn't be doing this. I'd just met a really great guy, and he was beyond adorable and sexy, and he wanted to see me again.

I felt her inject the sample and closed my eyes, only letting one tear escape the corner of my eye. I gave in and decided to just follow my plans, he probably wouldn't contact me anyway and there was only a twenty percent chance I'd actually get pregnant this first try. I went home and sat the wrong way in the recliner with my feet up in the air and the footrest up to hold my head up. I heard the door open and looked over, seeing Mary Margaret and David come in.

"You really did it?" David asked with a disappointed sigh as he closed the door. "You're really having a baby like this?"

"I'll know in two weeks," I confirmed with a sigh. "But yes, I really just got inseminated."

"Did it go okay?" Mary Margaret asked, going to the kitchen and putting the kettle on the stove. "You're healthy and everything, right?"

"Yeah, all my levels and all that weird stuff is better than perfect so," I stopped when my phone went off, my heart almost dropping at the adorable text I'd gotten. Hey, Swan, hope you're alright after your appointment. Didn't meet any other unsuspecting vehicles, did you? "Oh my god, he actually used my number."

"Who did?" she asked as she set a cup of tea next to me, reading the text before sitting down with David. "Oh my god, is that from a guy?"

"Maybe," I smiled to myself, turning bright red and biting my lip as I answered him. I got home safe if that's what you're asking, thank you :). "I may have met him on my way to the hospital. He stopped me from walking into traffic."

"Wait, you're into him," she realized but I ignored her when I got another text. Oh good, I was afraid one of those cars was going to attack you before I get a chance to actually ask you out. "But Emma, you just got yourself pregnant, how are you expecting to move forward with this guy?"

"Okay slow down," I stopped her, pausing to respond to Killian's next message. Idiot. I think your flirting is better when you don't think about it so much. "I just met this guy, even if I did just get pregnant, it's not like he's going to stick around long enough to even notice. No one ever does."

Okay, please tell me what you think. If you guys like it, I'll continue it. Later, loves!