Chapter 9

* Killian's POV *

After everything that had been going on at work I hadn't actually gotten to wake up and spend the morning with Emma, but I made sure today would be different. I was still on Japan time so I woke up before her, burying my face in her hair and pulling her back more snugly against my chest. She groaned, turning over to wrap her arms around me and nuzzling her face into my neck.

"Sir?" My quiet contentment was interrupted by my assistant again and I looked up to glare at him in the doorway. "You have a phone call. The woman is rather insistent she talk to you directly."

"I'm not taking any calls today," I told him simply, running my fingertips up and down Emma's back to keep myself calm when I just wanted to yell. "Its Sunday and I'm spending the day with Emma. Unless it's a matter of life or death, please let us be."

"Yes, sir," he nodded and left quietly. I sighed and looked back at Emma, my small smile returning as I watched her sleep.

*Emma's POV *

I stretched as I woke, snuggling back into Killian's chest and refusing to open my eyes. I felt him smile into my hair, holding me close and just letting me wake up. I hadn't actually gotten to wake up with him before today, and the realization that he was still here made me hold him tighter in an effort to make him stay.

"Its alright, Swan," he whispered, moving my hair behind me and kissing my shoulder. "I'm not going anywhere this time. It's just us, you and me."

"Good," I mumbled sleepily, not loosening my grip but relaxing again in his arms. "I hate it when you leave."

"So do I, love," he sighed, rubbing circles into my arm with his thumb gently. "But I'm all yours today, I promise. I already told Luke to hold all my calls so I can just be with you."

"Thank you," I said quietly, kissing his neck softly. "What are we doing today anyway?"

"Whatever you want," he answered simply, staying quiet since I was still half asleep. "I'm perfectly happy just laying here with you."

"It's nice here," I sighed, forcing my eyes open to look at him. "But I don't want you to be bored."

"Would it make you feel better if we went to cuddle on the sofa instead?" He asked with a small smirk and I nodded. He kissed my forehead and got up, pulling on his pajama pants before taking me off guard by scooping me up still wrapped in the comforter. He walked out to the living room and sat across the sofa with me between his legs with my side against his chest. "Feel better now?"

"Dork," I giggled and his smile grew as I turned a bit more to lean up and kiss him. He grinned, pulling me back up to kiss me again before letting me settle in his arms. "Just do what you'd normally do on a Sunday morning, don't let me get in the way."

"Normally," he said, thinking for a moment. "I'd be on my tablet, going through my schedule for the week and making sure everything is in order."

"Then do that," I shrugged. "I don't want to mess up your routine, just pretend I'm not even here."

"Like that's even possible?" He asked, cocking his eyebrow. "Love, you know I can't do that. You have a presence that cannot be ignored."

"Fine," I sighed, getting a small smile and crawling up to straddle his lap with my arms loosely around his neck. "Then what would you like to do?"

"Well first," he smiled, putting his dress shirt from last night up on my shoulders but leaving the front open. "No matter how much I enjoy this view, I'd prefer my employees don't see my love naked."

"I didn't even think about that," I laughed a bit. "Having employees around all the time is weird."

"I suppose," he allowed, sliding his hands down my sides to my hips. "But you'll get used to it once you move in. And I told them to let us be so we shouldn't even see them."

"Once I move in?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "And when exactly am I moving in?"

"Oh, uhm," he cleared his throat, now avoiding my eyes and scratching behind his ear nervously. "I don't know. Hopefully by the time the baby comes?"

"Sounds reasonable," I agreed and I had to fight my urge to giggle when he relaxed. "Were you really that worried? I'm having your baby and I agreed to marry you last night."

"But I pushed you," he sighed guiltily, looking up to my eyes. "I pushed you into this relationship and then I pushed you into getting engaged when I should just be supporting you-"

I cut him off with my lips, my hands on his cheeks. He immediately kissed me deeply, our tounges tangling within moments as he held me against him. He held my hips so tight it hurt, my hands sliding up into his hair. We soon slowed down, losing none of the passion but gaining the ability to breathe a bit. We stayed like that for long after I'd stopped counting the moments, the perfect feeling of his lips moving with mine making my stomach flutter.

"You didn't push me," I breathed against his lips, kissing him again softly and only breaking away enough to talk. "I wouldn't have said yes to any of this if I didn't want it as much as you do, I can promise you that. I'll move in in a few months, I just want to settle into our relationship before we do that."

"Okay," he whispered, brushing his nose along mine. "I just don't want ours to be one of those kids with part time homes and two bedrooms and-"

"Shh," I hushed him with another lingering kiss. "I know, and neither do I. I just... need to be sure we work long term and not just when we only see each other every few weeks."

"Aye, I understand," he sighed, his eyes serious as they studied mine. "I just don't want to lose you."

Before I could answer there was a ruckus down the hall, making us both look up. A few moments later a woman strode into the room like she owned it with Luke running behind her, stopping when she saw us. Her dark hair fell in waves around her face, her expression both amused and annoyed.

"Well," she huffed. "You must be the woman who's been sleeping with my husband."