Chapter 11

* Emma's POV *

"What's going on?" I asked in a panic, sliding on my flip flops and following him downstairs in my pajamas. "What happened to Killian?"

"He fell down a few flights of stairs," he said as he led me down the street to a black SUV. "He broke his leg, I think, but he wouldn't let me take him to the hospital until I got you."

"That idiot," I sighed, running to the car and opening the back door where he was laying in obvious pain. I slid in with him, letting him lay across my lap with his head on my chest. "You unbelievable moron. Why the hell are you here instead of at a hospital?"

"Because this is what I wanted," he said with pain in his voice, squeezing his eyes shut as I ran my fingers through his hair and Luke drove us to the hospital. "I wanted you here with me if I have to go to the bloody hospital."

"Well you could have called me," I teased him lightly. "Sending Luke up there all frantic like that made me think you were dying or something. You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, love," he let out a short laugh, wincing when we went over a bump. "Bloody hell, that hurts."

"I know, babe, I know," I sighed, doing my best to soothe him. "We're almost there, just hold on for me, okay?"

"Anything for you," he forced a smile, crying out when we went over train tracks. "Distract me, Swan, please."

"Okay, uhm," I thought for a moment, doing the only thing I could think of that always distracted him. I pressed my lips to his gently and he breathed out almost in relief, holding onto my arm as he kissed me back. I kept it soft, keeping him distracted until we pulled up to the hospital. "Better?"

"Very much," he sighed, his eyes still closed. Some nurses came out and got him on a gurney, making him scream in pain as I got out to quickly follow him and he called for me. "Swan? Where'd you go?"

"Right here," I assured him, taking his hand stretched out behind him as I followed them all inside. They went to take him behind the radiology doors and he protested when they wouldn't let me go so I went to his side. "Hey, its okay. I'm just going to wait out here while they check you out, and they'll come get me as soon as they're done."

"Okay," he agreed hesitantly and I leaned down to kiss him lightly. "I'll see you soon, Swan."

I gave him a reassuring smile, squeezing his hand before they wheeled him away. I sighed, running my hands through my hair and pulling it up so I wouldn't fidget with it. I used the payphone to call Mary Margaret since I hadn't brought anything and I'd rushed out of there so fast, filling her in on what I knew. After that all there was left to do was pace. I paced the waiting room, chewing on my thumb nail anxiously while Luke simply watched me.

"Family for Killian Jones?" Someone asked and I looked up, getting her attention. "Is that you, ma'am?"

"I-I guess," I stuttered. "I'm his, uhm, fiance. Is he okay?"

"He broke his leg, but it isn't bad," she assured me. "They need to set his leg and get a cast on it, but he's asking for you so I can take you back now if you like."

"Please," I nodded quickly and she led me through the doors and down the hall. He was arguing with the doctor when I walked in, insisting they wait for me. "Hey, its okay. I'm here, so you need to stop being a pain in everyone's ass so they can take care of you."

"Swan," he smiled brightly, wrapping his arm around my waist as I went over to him and pulling me down to sit next to him. "There you are, I missed you."

"How many drugs are you on?" I teased him a bit, taking his other hand in both of mine and letting him squeeze as they set his leg. He screamed when they snapped it into place, breathing hard as they wrapped it. "See? It's over now, they just have to put the cast on."

"Kay," he nodded, leaning his head on my chest and wrapping his arms around me. "Thank you for coming with me. I hope I didn't wake you, I know it's late."

"It's alright," I said softly, running my fingers through his hair and feeling him relax. "I'm glad you wanted me to come, it's cute."

"Cute?" He scoffed. "I am not cute."

"You're right," I smiled. "You're adorable."

"Swan," he warned me playfully. "Stop that, right now."

"Or what?" I asked, playing along to keep him calm and sliding my hand down to his chest. "Its not like you can chase after me."

"Mhmm," he mumbled, his pain meds starting to finally effect him as his eyes fluttered closed. "Thank you for coming with me."

"Always," I smiled, feeling him smile against my skin when I kissed his hair. "Once they're done we'll get you home, okay?"

He mumbled an agreement, nuzzling his face into my neck and holding me tighter. I smiled a bit to myself, finally relaxing with him in my arms after panicking like that. Once they finished his cast they left us alone to get his paperwork, letting him curl into me even more. I knew he was awake by the way he was running his thumb along my stomach, and it was things like that that made me not worry as much about of he really wanted this.

"Alright," his doctor sighed as he came back in and I looked up. "We prescribed some medication to mange the pain, and as long as the cast doesn't get wet, you should be set. Just come back in a month and we'll take it off."

"Thank you," I nodded and they let Luke in to help me get him in a wheelchair. "Come on, babe, time to get up."

"No," he whined, holding me tighter. "I like it here with you, I don't want to take you home."

"Like I'm going to leave you alone tonight?" I rolled my eyes and sat up a bit. "I'll come home with you, I just need you to work with me and get up, okay?"

"Fine," he groaned but let us get him into the wheelchair. "But you shouldn't be helping me like that, it's not good for the baby."

"I'll stop once you're in bed," I promised, pushing him out of the room while he leaned his head back on my stomach. "Then you're not allowed to move, you just have to let me take care of you."

"Bloody stubborn woman," he grumbled, cuddling back up to me on the way to his apartment. I got him to bed and sent Luke home, setting his crutches next to the bed. "You're not going to leave now, are you?"

"Not if you don't want me to," I said as I sat on the edge of the bed next to him. "I can stay and take tomorrow off if you want me here."

"I always want you here," he said quietly, wrapping his arm around my stomach to my hip to pull me up further. "But I won't make you stay, I understand if you need space after today."

"Shut up," I sighed, kissing him quickly as I climbed over him to lay next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and I lay my head on his chest, feeling him relax as I cuddled up to him. "Just get some rest, babe. Don't worry about anything."

"Thank you, love," he whispered, kissing my forehead lightly. "For everything."

Another chapter because you guys are so entertaining. If you have any suggestions, they're more than welcome because I'm totally stuck. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Later, loves!