Reunion

Phil was exited, for this was the day that he would reunite with PJ the 'dragon master' and Dan. As Phil entered the Viridian City battle zone he heard the roar of a dragonite as the field erupted in flames. Phil rushed towards the fire and as he got there he saw Dan tending to a charazard as PJ and his dragonite look over from the opposite side.
"I guess you started without my." Phil cried as he raced down the stairs. Dan replied with, "Phil, nice to see you again." PJ smiled and walked over to greet him. "So Dan, now Phil's finally here how about we show off our Pokemon?"

PJ:
blastoise, dragonite, gyarados, areodactyle, dragonair and ditto.

Dan:
charazard, lapras, pikachu, alakazam, kabuto and snorlax.

Phil:
Venuasaur, gengar, machamp, espeon, polygon and nidoqueen.

"So phil, how about we have a battle? PJ asked, bored of beating Dan so many times with his dragon's (blastoise and ditto as well) that he was begging for Dan to stop battling him.

"The battle will be six on six in single format!" Dan read from the rule book. Now begin." Phil sent out venusaur as PJ sent out blastoise, this was it. Venusaur used solar beam, but blastoise was faster with hydropump knocking venusaur back into the stalls (lucky nobody was there). It had been over a year since he last battled PJ yet somehow, it felt like he never left his side. "Venusaur is defiantly unable to battle" Dan cried raising the red flag instead of the green while trying to read the rules about damaging the stadium.
"One point to me." PJ returned blastoise and placed his pokeball on the winners table whilst pulling out his next pokeball. The battle went one. Pj's dragons where destroying Phil. dragonite, arodactyle, dragonair, blastoise and ditto where all sat on the winners table... It was just one vs one. Phil sent out espeon, and Dan changed the battlefield to water format as they began.
"Espeon use psychic!" Phil cried crossing his fingers, but before she could attack gyrados send her flying off her iceberg and into the water... Bad move. Espeon started to glow much like she did when she evolved from eevee. But this time stronger. PJ Dan and Phil watched as espeon's purple fur transformed into a sleek, black colour and her eyes turned as red as a flame. It wasn't evolution, espeon didn't evolve... It was something more. Espeon leaped out from the water and hit Phil over into the stands with a psychic beam, before sending gyrados flying towards PJ knocking them both out. Dan stood before espeon, Looking at his burning eyes and silky skin, what would happen next? "Eevee?" Dan asked as his vision began to flash and show clips of Eevee, before Phil was given her. It was sad, there was a family of them, hidden by the mountain in a cage. Dan wasn't certain but, his vision was focused on a trainer dressed in red stood opposite two men he had met countless times, the notorious Jack, Dean and Butterfree trio. The trainer didn't open his mouth, although he couldn't hear any sound he was sure that Jack and Dean where speaking to this trainer.

PJ and Phil woke up in a house, just as they got up an old lady limped into the room holding nothing but a walking stick. "So you're finally awake." she nodded and sat down on an armchair next to Dan's bed, in a small basket next to her phil's espeon was laying, her eyes where now brown instead of red and her black fur was beginning to turn purple."I knew your friend was 'the one'" she whispered, in an old worn out voice and bent down out her chair to stroke espeon. "Your friend is currently being taken between times so that he can battle with the legendary trainer... Red.

Dan watched as he traveled through a subconscious vortex of light before it faded away to show him at the top of mount silver in the Jonto region. Their was four people that he could see: PJ and his blastoise frozen in place about to fall off the mountain, Phil laying lifeless in the snow next to venusaur and himself stood next to charazard facing the 4th trainer. It was the same trainer who he saw in every over memory, dressed in red, silent, but terrifying. "Dan." Dan started to hear a voice in his head, he could hear it but, he couldn't speak back. "You have been chosen," it had a strong loud voice, but who was it? "I have heard of trainers speaking about a boy who can communicate with Pokemon others cannot control... I knew I couldn't be the only one," Dan suddenly began to float toward's the trainer in red, as he got closer he saw his face, then recognised him. 'Red?' Dan thought, 'the legendary trainer from pallet town.' Dan thought back to the stories about the legendary hero, how he completed the dex, took down team rocket and became the strongest champion in the world. "I know where you are." He told Dan, "and I will come for you..."

"Dan wake up" Phil cried as the scorching flame off a charazard burnt through the concrete wall separating them from the door of the Pokemon center. "Quick!" PJ cried from his dragonite in a failing attempt to take the charazard down. Phil grabbed Dan by the hand and led him outside, however just as they got out Phil was knocked out after being hit by a thunder punch from a snorlax, waiting to ambush them...

To be continued...