07

Another Jimin p.o.v
😂
Jimin//

Three knocks sounded throughout the tiny apartment. Echoing off the walls. Grumbling, I rolled over carelessly in my tangled sheets.

"Who in the hell is that?" My hand slapped my face, the other looking for my phone beside me.

5:30 a.m.

It's too early. Whoever it is got to wait. Closing my eyes and pressing myself further into the bed. The knocking was heard again. But this time it was more rush.

"Ugh!" I threw on a shirt and walked out wobbling like a drunk. "Who is it?" My English was slurred from sleepiness. Sounding like gibberish.

No one answered. Opening my eyes wider while picking the crust from the corners of my eyes.

I realized. This better not be that Old man Asian booty molester. Grabbing a vase on the wooden shelf, I crept forward.

Not thinking twice about looking through the peep hole, I snatched the door open and was about to smash this damn thing against his head.

My brain instantly paused as I looked into the eyes of a horrified Lauren. She shut her eyes and covered her ears, her head pointing down at the red flats she was wearing.

"Oh my lord I thought you were the booty snatcher!" I quickly sat the vase down and hurriedly ran my hands through my bed hair.

"Oh thank jesus, I thought you were going to tear my head up with that vase." Her voice sounding relief.

Feeling a cool breeze on my legs. I thought nothing of it because it gets cold here early morning. "I'm sorry." I bowed a little. My hand clutching the door knob in embarrassment. Turning red slightly.

"But what brings you here?"

"Oh! That, uhhh yeah I was wondering if you'd like to hangout. To get to know our neighbor more." A wide smile crossed her face. Only noticing now that she had a gap in between her two front teeth.

That same cold air circled around my legs. Making me shift uncomfortably.

Until I looked down.

My eyes widened in shock before looking back at Lauren who also noticed I was in my boxers. Squeaking, I slammed the door and ran to my room.

Jumping and diving in my bed. Mortified. A few minutes passed and I was still trying to get the redness and heat out of my cheeks.

Rolling onto my back and looking at the plain, white ceiling. "Is she still standing there? No way she isn't, she's been nothing but nice to you since yesterday only for you to slam the door in her face."

Could've invited her in.

Still in a dilemma, I walked to my bathroom and washed my body quickly before putting on a long, knitted gray sweater my brother gave me.

Checking my appearance in the reflection of my mirror, I opened my door. Seeing her sit across from her door eating a bag of black cherries.

She stopped mid chew, turning her head as she leaned back on the brick wall. "I thought you didn't like me for a second." She laughed.

"Sorry. I'm very sorry." My teeth scraped my bottom lip as I stood awkwardly. Shoving one hand in my jean pocket.

"Aren't you going to sit?" Her sharp eyes eyed me.

Of course. Why am I standing still?

Crouching down on my black combat boots before I folded my legs. Feeling the jagged edges of the brick poke my back.

"Cherry?" She lifted her hand. A single cherry cupped in her fingers.

I smiled and took it with a nod.

Why is she so nice?

---------
I'll write more.

~Shauna

When writer's block demands a comeback into your life