Adam did a good job, though, and I smiled.

* * *

"You were great," I grinned at him and he ruffled my hair – he knew it annoyed me and laughed a bit when I playfully rolled my eyes and tried to fix my hair.

"Thanks," he whispered.

He took my hand and lead me out of the room, out of the building even. "Can we leave?" he asked quietly, and I nodded. I had asked Liv before if it was okay to leave, and she said yes. We'd have to be back in half an hour, though.

We were somewhere behind the building, so people on the street wouldn't see us.

"You were awesome, really. You totally rocked that catwalk, my boyfriend is amazing." I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer to me.

He winked. "I was just doing my job."

I smiled. "I'm glad you decided to apply for this job."

"Me too." Then he kissed me, and it was a passionate kiss.

And I tried to ignore my thoughts.

Adam pinned me against the wall and was about to remove my black jacket when someone out of nowhere interrupted us.

"Dan?"

I immediately pulled my head away from Adam and closed my eyes. No. I imagined that. This was just another one of these weird flashbacks I had when I kissed Adam.

Phil is not actually here.

But when I saw Adam's face, I knew he heard it too. I looked up.

And there he was, Philip Michael Lester, looking as frustratingly perfect as ever. His raven black hair was a bit messy, and he wore a black coat with black skinny jeans and a dark red shirt. His striking blue eyes stared at me and Adam. He looked tired, he had dark shadows under his eyes.

How did he...?

I didn't say anything for a second, I was speechless.

"Dan?" Phil said again as he looked at me with a confused look on his face and attempted to smile. When I finally found my voice again, I got out a quiet "Phil!" somehow. It was supposed to sound calm, but it rather sounded like a loud squeak.

Adam turned around again to face me, confused but also obviously annoyed that whoever that guy was interrupted his make out-session. "Dan...? Who is that?" He tried to smile at me, but he clearly was unsure about the situation.

I swallowed. I had literally no idea what to do, there were too many questions in my head which kept it away from actually thinking. What was Phil doing here? How did he come here? What did he want?

I looked at Phil. "How did you get here? And what the hell are you doing here? How did you even know I was here?"

The black haired man sighed, and Adam furrowed his eyebrows. "It's a long story."

"Is it really?"

"More or less. I... wanted to..." He stopped and looked at Adam. Phil was insecure, I could tell.

"Dan, who is he?" Adam's voice was more serious now, and I turned my head to look at him again.

"Uh, Adam... Would you... Would you mind leaving us alone for a second?"

"But I don't even know who he is," he said and pointed at Phil by briefly tilting his head into his direction.

"Please, Adam."