Twenty Seven

After another few days, it was time.

I did one last check on the outfit, making sure everything was right after the make-up was done.

"Relax, Dan, the clothes are great. My favourites, to be honest."

My hands stopped fixing the jacket and I placed them on his chest. "You have to say that, you're my boyfriend."

"Well, fair enough. But I'm being honest."

I looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you."

He suited the clothes perfectly. The black jeans, the green ripped jumper, the black bomber jacket. Everything.

I was very happy with the results.

The four days after the first fitting were even more tiring than the week before had been, because they were the last four days before the show.

Melanie and I luckily were really satisfied with our outfits already, so there wasn't that much work left for us. We started working on the marketing with Liv, in case our designs got accepted for the actual collection in the end.

We were also finally allowed to make our work with Edith S official on the internet. I posted about it on my blog right after they told me about that, and I got some great feedback from my readers. Of course they didn't know what my designs look like yet, but that would change tonight. I took some pictures of Adam to post them on my blog after the show was over.

I also took a quick selfie of us together because you know, memories and such. Maybe I'd post it on my blog too, because I liked the outfit I was wearing a lot. I wore black ripped jeans and a black jumper with a white button-up shirt underneath it.

The sweater Adam wore went with his green eyes perfectly, and the black and white boots he was supposed to wear with it fit amazingly. I smiled. I was actually happy with what he looked like, so I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a little kiss on the cheek.

"You're amazing; do you know that?"

He smiled at what I said and his lips brushed my nose slightly. "Yes, I do."

"Twat." We both laughed a bit, and I heard someone come in. I turned around to see Melanie, smiling when she saw me and Adam hugging.

"Oh God, not again." She laughed. "Sorry to interrupt but it's time for the show now. Liv wanted me to tell you." I sighed and suddenly was nervous again. I looked at Adam.

"Don't worry Dan. They'll love it."

He kissed me on the cheek and then let go of me. I walked up to Melanie and together we exited the dressing rooms and walked into the little room right in front of the entrance to the catwalk to meet Liv.

"Hey guys. You nervous?" She giggled, but me and Melanie nodded. "Aw, don't worry guys. They'll love your designs. I do." She gave us a reassuring smile and it actually made me feel a bit better.

* * *

Suddenly the music started playing, and my heart started to beat faster. I saw the first model walk out. I looked over to Louise, who stood on the other side of the room, and when I saw how she looked at the model, I realised it must be her design.

The next model walked out, and then the next and the next. And then it was Adam's turn. He looked at me one more time, smiling reassuringly, before he walked out.

I could see the audience from my spot. They were quiet, as expected, it wasn't a concert after all. I saw the flashes of cameras and only the silhouettes of people could be seen, like black shadows next to the bright white runway.