Then I just realize, how come Lexi didn't bother to check on me, like to what I would wear or to hurry up. And where is she anyway?

"Gab, Lexi's already at the hall, Rob picked her up"

Lizzy's words were like daggers piercing my heart, she's with Rob? I thought we'd come to the party together? I shook my head feeling really confused, she's doing it again. Had I tell her how I disliked seeing her with Rob? What the fvck is happening?

"Gab, are you okay?"

Lizzy pulled me out from my reverie as I walked back to my room.

"Kay, give me 10 minutes"

+++++++++++++++++++++

Lizzy and I arrived at the hall where the awarding ceremony would take place. Guests are filling in the huge hall and an instrumental music is playing on the background. Lizzy immediately directed me to where Uncle Sully was and left afterwards. Uncle Sully stood at the corner with Jenkins along with other men drinking from their wine glasses. I was approaching them when Lexi and Rob caught my eye, they too were engaged in a conversation with some group of men and women and wait, is that the nosy reporter?

Lexi was wearing a red short cocktail dress with plunging neckline and her curls was neatly kept on the side of her shoulder past her chest somehow covering her cleavage. She had killer stilettos on and yeah, she looks sizzling by the way. Rob on the other hand looked dashing with a black coat and tie and his hands were lingering around Lexi's slim waist. What a lovely couple!

"Gabby"

All eyes were on mine including Lexi's and Rob's when Uncle Sully called me to join them. I forced a smile and got myself engaged with these strangers. God how I hate functions like this, and how I almost puke watching Lexi and Rob. Is this some kind of a joke? I couldn't understand what's happening anymore and I'm already itching to get out of here.

Uncle Sully introduced me to Mr. Blah blah and Ms. Blahbahhhabba then I said hi to Sir Yadadayah and to Miss Yadoooayadhii as well. I can see how Jenkins looked at me like he is completely sure of what I'm feeling right now. Can we get past this? Thankfully Uncle Sully led me to a corner where we can both talk. I back was facing Lexi so I think I can focus on Uncle Sully.

"Gabby, I thought you'd wear something lady like tonight haha"

I rolled my eyes knowing that he's just trying to make me relax. I am wearing a black cropped shirt and a grey-black blazer with matching trousers, and I had my white sneaks on. I neatly rolled the sleeves up above my forearm to give it a semi formal look. I hate looking all too formal, it gets boring. I tied my hair into a loose pony tail and I put a dash of pink lipstick just to add color.

"What's the matter hun? You seemed off?"

"Nothing, I just don't see myself fitting in this type of crowd"

His face fell and his brows knotted.

"Why would you say that? I am telling you right now, you should get used to this because from now on, you'll be attending more events like this"

"No way, count me out Uncle Sully"

"Why no-.."

Uncle Sully didn't finish what he was saying because we were already ushered to our seats since the program is about to start. The usherette led us into a circular table at the front and guess who's joining us, yeah Lexi, minus Rob. I wonder where her date was.

I am seated beside Uncle Sullivan and Lexi and Jenkins were fronting us. Lexi glances at me but I don't look at her. I kept my gaze to anywhere but not to her. How can she even look at me?

The program progressed with Elizabeth calling Uncle Sully over the stage. There was a short AVP presented showing Uncle Sully and Riverdale Employee's through the years. It was more like a tribute to Uncle Sully's undying support to Riverdale. Then there were employees giving their testimonies of how a great man Sullivan Ervy is and then I felt someone tugging my arm. When I look to see who it was, I saw Lexi.

"What?"

"Gab, I'm sorry"

"Is that for leaving me at the cottage or for showing up with Rob, along with his hands on your waist?"

I couldn't hide how pissed I was. Jenkins glanced back to us but Lexi managed a smile and so his eyes retreated back to the screen.

"Gab, can we talk about this later? You look cute by the way"

I rolled my eyes.

"Gab!"

"That won't work out this time!" I snapped.

"Gab I'm sorry, I was supposed to fetch you but Elizabeth called me up to fix something very urgent"

"And that included flirting with Rob right?"

"Gab No, it wasn't like that, you see that lady reporter was a friend of Rob's ex- gir-.."

"Whatever!"

I bolted up from my seat and started to move out of the hall. I was so mad on how things can completely change from great to worst. But then I heard my name being called at the stage and why is the spot light directed towards me?

++++++