Ginny, I personally think that it's just a coincidence that Harry Potter is a Parselmouth. After all, it was Hagrid who opened the Chamber of Secrets to begin with. I'm sure that boy has nothing to do with this.

I thought of that too Tom. But Hagrid is really close to Harry. So do you think it's possible that Hagrid has...? I don't know... is controlling him somehow and forcing him to do this? I remember Dad telling me how during the war, You-Know-Who and other Dark wizards were able to control people's minds. Maybe Hagrid's doing something like that to Harry! Perhaps I should find him and warn him about Hagrid...

I wouldn't do that if I were you, Ginny. Tom wrote forcefully. If Harry is under Hagrid's control, then there is a good chance he won't believe you, or might turn you over to Hagrid. And then what would you do?

I know it's risky, Tom. But I care for Harry a lot, I think it's worth the...

Ginny, that is not a very wise idea. I am warning you not to do it. You have no idea what the Heir of Slytherin is capable of.

As Ginny read Tom's last passage, the night without sleep was beginning to catch up with her, and without warning, she had to strain to keep her eyes open. Barely able to even pick up her quill, she began to write, Tom, I'm so tired all of the sudden. I think that maybe I should go up and...

But Ginny fell into the blanket of warmth before she could even finish her sentence. Her quill fell to the floor with a soft clatter and she immediately fell into another dream...

Ginny fell back into a comfortable darkness and felt a tingling feeling of numbness throughout her body. Once again, she felt as though she were merely a puppet—and someone else controlling her body—forcing her to get up from her seat by the window and walk slowly towards the portrait hole.

She vaguely remembered drifting in and out of a daze, hardly knowing where she was going. She could feel herself wandering down several staircases and through a secret passage that she never knew existed before. She entered a dark room and heard the sounds of dripping water.

She felt her jaw move and speak without her consent. But she could understand what she said, "COME."

She wasn't sure what happened next—only that she saw the fangs of a snake, like the ones from the Dueling Club—only now grown to an enormous size, emerging from somewhere below her. She cowered in fear as she heard a loud hissing sound and felt something slither out of the room.

She wanted to run for help, tried pleading for those fangs to stop, but nothing she said or did changed anything. She was forced to follow whatever went passed her... She wanted to cry, to curl up into a ball and sob for her parents to come and help her. She could hear voices not far off, and tried shouting out a warning to them, but she couldn't make a sound.

The next second, she saw that same boy from the Dueling Club and Nearly Headless Nick standing right in front of her. The boy was looking through Nick when he caught sight of her and all of a sudden he froze up and fell to the ground as stiff as a board. Terrified, Nick looked behind him to see her as well, and then suddenly he lost his silvery shape, as he froze as well. He became something like that black cloud, hovering just beside the boy... both with identical expressions of horror.

Ginny, feeling her body give in to the terror she felt, she felt herself fall to the floor as well as she lost consciousness. The last thing her vision held was a vivid poisonous green color... almost glowing in the darkness that surrounded her and...

Though her eyes were still closed, Ginny woke up feeling the cool stone floor beneath her. She felt weak and was shaking from head to foot when she finally was able to look around. She strained to push her aching body up from the floor. She felt as if she had just gotten through a terrible illness and was only just starting to get her strength back after being trapped in bed for so long.

As she turned her head around to try and see where she was, she gasped in horror. Her vision was slightly blurry, but she was able to make out the foggy images of a body lying right in front of her.

'No, please, no!' she begged herself as she forced her body to get up—only to fall back to the floor in pain. Desperate, she blinked several times to clear her vision... and there... lying in the middle of the corridor... there was the boy, his face frozen in terror, beside a blackened silhouette of Nearly Headless Nick.

Trying not to throw up, Ginny shoved her whole fist into her mouth to smother her scream of terror. Taking every last bit of energy left in her, she got up—holding onto a wall for support—and she stumbled away from the bodies on the floor.

She ran down the hall, unable to see straight through the blinding tears in her eyes. She looked down to the stone floor, allowing it to be her guide, until she finally found her way back to the Tower. She ran up to the dorm and she cried uncontrollably until she fell asleep, unable to forget the horrendous things that had just occurred.

But sure enough, she awoke to forget everything that happened.

• • • • •

There was another attack today and I don't know where I was. Ginny wrote to Tom after dinner. Tom, I don't know what's happening to me. It's so strange. Every time there's an attack, I can't remember where I was! Like today! I can't remember where I was when that Hufflepuff, Justin, was attacked!

Ginny, we've been over this before...

But what am I going to do, Tom! I think I'm losing my mind! I don't know why I kept forgetting where I am all the time. Do you think there's something wrong with me? Should I go to Madam Pomfrey?

And tell her what exactly?

Oh, I don't know Tom! I don't know what's wrong with me, but I don't know how much longer I can keep going like this. I'm scared Tom!

I told you that I will take care of everything, Ginny. All you have to do is stay quiet about it until I figure out a way to end this. You don't want people to think you're really crazy now, do you?

No, of course not, Ginny sniffed sadly.

Well then. What happened? Today, just who was attacked? What happened?

Well, nobody knows really, of course. But Harry found them, and it's so awful—everyone's already talking about him after what happened yesterday at the Dueling Club. And now it was that Hufflepuff boy, Justin—you know that boy he saved from the snake—he was the one attacked!

And the Gryffindor ghost?

Yes! Who could do something like that to a GHOST? He's already dead! What could hurt him? And... but she just realized something. Tom? She wrote to him hesitatively. How did you know that Nick was also attacked?

It took a moment for Tom to answer and wrote, You just told me. Remember, Ginny? You told me just a moment ago?

But Ginny was getting an uneasy feeling. Oh, right, she wrote jerkily. She then made up the excuse that she was tired and wanted to go to bed early. But even as she shoved the diary deep into her trunk and out of sight, that uneasy feeling wouldn't go away.

There was something about Tom that was slowly scaring her. How did he know that Nick was attacked when she knew she didn't tell him? Or was she really going mad?

• • • • •

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment!

Your input and votes mean so much to me and I love to hear what you're thinking about what's happening!

*Updates are every 5 days*

Also don't forget to check out my other story Siriusly Coled! :)

<3 Sam