Musical.ly - Midorima Shintarō x Reader

I love how every Midorima imagine features Takao XD

Requested by seyacchidayo. Thanks for requesting!

I really tried on this one, I hope you like it ^-^

f.t. Takao Kazunari

You blasted the music in your room and danced the steps that were familiar to you. Once you were done recording, you let out a sigh and checked to see if the video was any good. You groaned for the millionth time and deleted it. You needed this to be perfect. You placed your phone on the stand and did another take. This time, it was perfect. You cheered for yourself and posted the video on your favourite social media app, Musical.ly. Ever since this app released a few days ago you couldn't stop yourself from using it. You went almost everywhere with your phone, recording videos along with your favourite songs, it was just too addictive. You had your own account set up and a fair number of followers as well. You were more than just dedicated to Musical.ly, you were obsessed. You thought it was fine, just a little dancing and video taking wouldn't hurt, but there was one person who wasn't exactly in favour of it.

Your boyfriend of 2 years, Midorima Shintarō, always complained on how you used that thing too much and you would be better off watching TV instead. But you didn't take musical.ly lightly, it was your career, you couldn't just abandon it like that. So you told Midorima no, but he wouldn't have it. He even gave you the silent treatment since you were paying more attention to that app instead of him. Man, what a child. You thought it was cute though, imagine Midorima doing something like that, unbelievable. You apologised and promised to spend more time with him and he believed you, but you only ended up getting even more hooked on that thing. There was one time Midorima stole your phone, and you were a huge wreck, scrambling around the house trying to find it, worrying every second that there could have been a comment or a new follower which had sent a friendly message and you couldn't reply to them because you didn't have your phone. Midorima gave up in the end, realising that stealing your phone was a bad idea.

And let's not forget the time where he got his own musical.ly account, and acted as an unknown person, commenting really bad things on your account like, 'This is a waste of time, stop doing this nanodayo' and 'No one wants to see you lip singing to a Nicki Minaj song'. But you knew it was him, because Midorima was just terrible as disguises. [A/N: The time where he wore sunglasses to watch a Seirin game and Kise caught him XD]. You felt quite hurt actually, because you expected your boyfriend to support you in whatever you did, and it wasn't like you were doing some drug dealing business, you were just taking videos. But unfortunately, Midorima didn't like the idea at all. Unlike Midorima, his best friend, Takao Kazunari supported your social career immensely. He would always be the first to like and comment on your posts, always encouraging you to do more. Sometimes you wished that Midorima could be like that, but you were happy with the way he was already. You even filmed a few of your posts with Takao in it, him fooling around and singing with his awesome voice. You tried to get Midorima to sing because you knew how amazing his voice was, but he only pushed you aside and walked out of the house to buy his lucky item.

Moving that aside, this week was going to be a really special week for you. Your all time favourite band, 5 Seconds Of Summer had recently released a new song, Girls Talk Boys from the original 'Ghostbusters' movie and musical.ly was holding a competition. The person with the best video of them with the new song will win exclusive prizes, and even the chance to attend a concert by the boys. You were pumped and determined to win, because you knew you had it in you. You had everything planned out. You called Takao over to help you with the camera's and lighting, and he came over immediately. He was as excited as you were. You stood in front of the camera as Takao counted down from 3, and when it was time for action, you pulled off your moves flawlessly, making Takao grin. After hours of shooting, you and Takao decided to take a break and eat some ice cream that you had bought earlier. The two of you were chatting when suddenly the door opened and Midorima walked in. He froze when he saw Takao and frowned when he saw you in your usual dancing attire.