"Um yeah I think we are just about finished here" Demi looked at Olivia waiting for her to confirm.

"Yeah we are you too can head away" Olivia stood up and so did Demi.

-

"So you're spanish?" Demi asked trying to break the awkward silence thay had arroused

"Um yeah my mom was from
California and my dad was from
New Mexico" She half smiled.

"Was?" Demi asked confused.

"Um yeah my family died when I was little. The house caught fire when I was staying at a friends house and well yeah you can guess the rest" Elena looked at her with sadness in her eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn-"

"It's ok it was a long time ago" Elena cut her off.

Demi half smiled "So New Mexico? My dad was from there too" Demi smiled "He recently passed away, so I can relate to how you feel" Demi said trying to reasure her.

"It must be tough" Elena looked up "Were you close?"

"Um no I hadn't seen my dad in a long,long time. Family problems" Demi explained.

"Oh sorry" Elena apologised.

"No it's ok. Like you said 'it was a long time ago" She smiled.

-

Demi and Elena finished touring the house and ended up in the dining room where all the kids were huddled.

"Well I guess this is goodbye" Elena said

"are you not staying" Demi asked

"Um no, I don't fit in with them" Elena looked at the group in front of her.

"But-"

"Nice meeting you Demi" Elena then backed away and up to her room.

Demi talked and hung with the kids trying to get to know them all. It had gotten to the end of the day and her mind was still focused on Elena.

"I dont know what it is about that girl but from the second I met her I felt like we had a connection" Demi taught to herself.

Olivia braught Demi back to her office so they could talk

"So Demi? have you decided?" Olivia smiled.

"Um yeah, Well I kinda knew from the beginning of the day" she laughed. "Elena Santiago"

"Elena?" Olivia looked at her shocked.

"Um yeah, is that ok?" Demi looked at Olivia confused.

"Y-yes of course it's ok. I just didn't expect it, she hasn't been around all day?" Olivia was confused to why Demi had chosen her.

"I know but while she showed me around we talked and I really got to know her. We have a lot in common and I think she could do with something like this. When I met her this morning she looked upset Demi explained.

"Well ok if you are sure" Olivia smiled.

"100%" Demi returned the smile.

"Ok I'm going to go get Elena, I'll only be a minute" Olivia stood up.

"Sure take all the time you need." Demi replied.

-

Olivia arrived outside Elena's bedroom where she could here Elena playing her guitar.
She knocked loud so she would be heard. She opened the door and peaked her head in.

"Elena I need to talk to you in my office" before Elena could respond Olivia closed the door and walked back downstairs.

"Oh shit what have I done now" Elena sighed out loud and made her way downstairs.

-

Elena walked in to the office and suprisingly Demi was there with Olivia.

Demi smiled at Elena
"Sit down Elena we need to talk" Olivia pulled out a chair for Elena beside Demi and then sat down at the other side of the desk in her own seat.

"So you know why Demi is here?" Olivia asked all ready knowing the answer.

"Yeah to adopt one of the kids" Elena answered "Why have you called me here?" she was getting worried

"Demi do you want to take over" Olivia smiled.

Demi turned her body towards Elena "Elena I've been thinking and I would like you to come and stay with me" she smiled.

"Wait what? You want me? You want to adopt me ?" She was shocked.

"Yeah" Demi giggled "Only if you want to"

"Are you kidding me?" Elena stood up with the biggest smile on her face "Of course I would like to go with you, I would love that" Elena leaned in towards Demi and without thinking gave her a giant bear hug.

"You're crushing me" Demi giggled.

"Oh sorry" Elena let go, now laughing too.

"Elena ok calm down we need to talk some stuff through" Olivia said motioning her to sit down. Elena did so.

"Demi lives in L.A which is a long way away from here. Which means you won't be going to school here anymore and you'll be away from your friends." Olivia calmly explained.

"Friends?" Elena laughed "I don't have friends" Demi looked at her " and school? I can't wait to get out of there!!! So when do we leave?" She smiled .

"Well you have the night to pack and I'll be here in the morning to pick you up our flight for L.A is at 11 tomorrow morning" Demi answered.

"So I want you to go pack straight away and get an early nights sleep" Olivia added.

"Ok,ok,ok" Elena excitedly said.

Demi stood up "Well I guess I'll leave you get to packing" she smiled.

Olivia and Elena stood up too. "We'll show you out"

Elena and Olivia showed Demi to the door. They said their goodbyes and Elena ran up to her room to pack.