Chapter 6: Screw Joe!

You stared straight at his face. The face that had smiled when its body hit you. The face that had lied so much to people. And to you.

"Hey, babe." He said. He walked into your house, closing the door behind him. You turned and your eyes swept the room, looking for Nate, but couldn't find him. He must have found a place to hide. You thought. Smart.

"I'm not your 'babe'." You snapped. Midna walked into the room and you told her to get away with your expression. It took a minute, but she listened, hissing lightly at Joe. He walked up to you and ran a finger along your scar.

"I know why your dad gave you this, now. Your stubborn. And I'll enjoy teaching you better." He hissed the last sentence in your ear. You paled. He gripped your chin roughly and turned it to face him, causing you to flinch. He pressed his lips to yours and you pushed him away.

"Get off me!" You shouted. He covered your mouth and pinned you against the wall.

"But I miss kissing you.." He smirked. You hated that face of his. You bit his hand and he yanked it away.

"Well, I don't." You crossed your arms and closed your eyes, facing away from him. You felt his hand strike you across the face and you yelped silently. The sound echoed through the room and you bit your lip.

"Wrong answer. Say you missed my kiss!" He snapped.

"No!" You shouted. You felt his hands wrap around your neck and you screamed before you couldn't get the air back.

"Guess I'll have to fix this!" He yelled in your face. You clawed at his fingers, but he refused to let go.

Just as your vision started to black out, you heard a shout.

"LET HER GO!" Nate's voice boomed through the room. You saw him grip Joe and throw him to the ground, knocking him out with a strong kick to the side of his head.

"Na-" You couldn't speak. You collapsed to your knees. Nate held you tightly. Your vision faded into dark as you passed out.

NATE'S POINT OF VEIW

I stood quickly and ran to a phone, dialing the police and to ask for an ambulance.

"911, what is your emergency?" A girl's voice spoke.

I shouted, "Help! My friend.. she passed out.. and I managed t-to knock out the one who did it.." Tears came to my eyes and I began sobbing. "He ch-choked her.."

"Ok.. calm down sir.. where are you?" She asked quickly.

"H/N. T-Top floor. Room (make something up)."

"People will be there soon, sir. Do you want me to keep you on the phone?"

"I-I need to call her brother. So, no." I hung up.

I dialed Mark. He answered, "What, Nate?"

"MARK GET OVER HERE NOW!" Tears kept running down my face. "IT'S Y/N HURRY UP!"

"Ok, ok! I'll be there soon!" He hung up and ran back over to Y/N. I checked for a pulse.

"Good.. she's alive." I held her to my chest and cried. I heard sirens. Then stomping. Then the door opened. They picked her up and put her on a stretcher and put handcuffs on who I guess is Joe. I followed them and stopped. "Midna!" I ran back to the apartment and picked up the kitten. "Now I can go!" I ran back out, and saw Mark pull up. He ran to me.

"What happened?" He asked.

"This.. Joe guy.." I said weakly. Mark's face turned stony and he ran to his car. The ambulance had left already. We both got in and Mark drove us to see her.