(37) Misunderstanding

*Chloe's POV*

In a couple of days, Ethan and all of my friends are going to be making memories and having the time of our lives at Veronica's aunt's cabin. I absolutely can not wait. It's like telling a child they're going to Disneyland. Hell, I'm twenty years old, almost twenty one and I'd still be just as excited as a child that was just told that they're going to Disneyland.

I really need to buy some new outfits and possibly some new lingerie for the trip. It'll be so romantic at the cabin. Plus Veronica wants to buy some lingerie for Kyle so I might as well tag along and try to please my man as well.

I have had a newfound sense of confidence here lately and I think it's because I'm actually embracing my curvy body and deciding to love and care for myself. I believe that all women should feel beautiful in their own skin, no matter their size, skin color, or features, and I wish it hadn't taken me so long to feel beautiful in mine.

I am so glad I have Ethan to be by my side and help me love myself. A long time ago when I was with Justin, he had mentioned me losing some weight and I have to admit, it hurt a lot. He also wanted me to dye my hair. I'm glad Ethan loves me for me. Speaking of hair dye, mine is almost completely washed out and my brown is coming back full blast. My hair is starting to look pretty bad. I should probably dye it back to normal brown soon.

I text Veronica and ask her to pick up some dye on her way home from Kyle's apartment. She agrees to pick some up for me. As soon as I lock my phone it begins ringing and Josh's name pops up on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Girl! Holy shiz balls you are never going to believe what happened to me today! Oh my word! Send help! Send the policemen! Help!" Josh squeals over the line and my heart starts racing.

"What's wrong?? What happened? Are you okay?" I ask urgently.

"Am I okay? Girl! Are you okay?! Like holy shit! You are never going to believe-"

"Well tell me so I know what you're flipping out about, Josh!" I cut him off before he can continue rambling.

"I really shouldn't tell you this but I have to because of the gay to straight girlfriend code!" Josh sighs.

"What is it?!" I ask again, getting a little frustrated.

"So listen, I was visiting my boyfriend at work today, right? Right!" Josh mumbles on and I roll my eyes.

"Yes. And?"

"And so he was looking fine as hell and well no one was in the store right? So we sort of got behind the counter and was making out right?" Josh drags on the story and I'm getting really frustrated.

"Josh, if this is a story about you fucking in public, I honestly don't care." I speak bluntly.

"No, bitch listen!" He says sassily. I scoff at his words as he continues speaking. "And so we're making out and then all of a sudden I hear a familiar voice right? Well I peak over the counter and I see Ethan! And that old boy you use to date!"

"Colton? Ethan and Colton?" I ask him. I'm very confused.

"Yes! Them! They were looking at rings and then Ethan picked one up and said this is the one and Colton agreed!" Josh yells over the line and my heart stops.

"Wait. What kind of ring?"

"A fucking nueva ring." Josh says harshly.

"Why would Ethan be buying me a form of birth control?"

"Bitch, are you high right now!? An engagement ring, genius! Ethan was buying you an engagement ring!" Josh yells at me and my heart drops to my feet. An engagement ring? What?