(24) Peace

"You like this band, right?" Ethan says turning up the volume of the radio.

"Holy shit, twenty-one pilots! Yes, I love this band! Josh and Tyler are beautiful, not to mention freaking talented!" I exclaim, turning the volume up even more.

"Beautiful, huh?" Ethan scoffs, making a pouty face.

"Oh, don't even be jealous! You feel the same way about Avril Lavigne!" I playfully punch him in the arm.

"Do you disagree?" He asks, smirking. I roll my eyes.

"I mean, she is pretty hot. She's been my woman crush since forever." I chuckle and he laughs along with me. I lay my head on his shoulder while he drives. He places his right hand on my thigh and rubs his thumb against my skin. I'm glad I chose to wear a tee shirt dress today considering it's going to be really warm in Florida. 

I snuggle closer to him and feel my eyes fluttering closed. The sound of Ride playing in the background quickly lulls me to sleep.

---

"Chloe," Ethan shakes me awake and I look around, noticing we're in front of a restaurant. I'm a little disoriented at first but then I notice a sign that reads, "Sebastian's Grill."

"How long was I asleep?" I ask, noticing it's still light outside so I couldn't have slept too long.

"Long enough to make it to Georgia." He chuckles and opens the truck door, reaching for my hand as he helps me out. I look around and immediately feel the warmth of the sunset against my skin.

"Two please," Ethan speaks to the waitress as we enter. We take our seats at a small booth, overlooking a large outside deck where several people are sitting, watching a chef grill what looks to be fish. We give the waitress our drink orders and scan over the menu before finally deciding. The waitress gives us our drinks as we give her our orders.

I pull out my phone and check the time. Six thirty.

"I slept for a long time," I speak up to break the silence and Ethan smiles at me.

"You looked so beautiful sleeping; I wasn't going to wake you up." He admits and I can feel my cheeks getting pink.

The waitress brings out our food and Ethan and I quickly eat so we can hit the road for another three and a half hours of driving.

"I can't believe you drove all the way to New York last night. It feels like we've been driving forever!" I groan as we get back on the interstate.

"All I could think about was that prick lying in bed with you. I had to get to you." Ethan speaks softly. I pat his thigh and I can see his lips turn upward in a smile.

"I couldn't imagine being in bed with anyone else," I admit.

"Good because I hate to break it to you, but you're mine." He quickly pecks his lips to my cheek and turns his focus back to driving.

"And you're mine."

The thumping of a familiar song begins playing through the radio. I turn up the volume and listen to what song it is.

"What song is this? I love it but I can not remember what it's called to save my life." I groan.

"Isn't it by that one girl band that smokes? Shit, I can't remember. They had that really annoying song about selfies?" Ethan asks, confused.

"The chainsmokers! Yeah! I remember now! I think the song is called Roses."

"It's pretty good." Ethan says.

"We could be beautiful! Get drunk on that good life, I'll take you to paradise! Say you'll never let me goooo!" I burst out the lyrics and tap my foot against the floorboard to the beat of the song.

"I love when you sing," he places his hand back on my thigh and I smile, continuing to sing.

About five songs later, we finally arrive to Ethan's dorm. Other than the street lamps, it's pitch black outside.

"Sydney moved out so you don't have to worry about her." Ethan says as he rolls my suitcase over by the door. I put my pillow on his bed and look up at the clock on his wall. It's almost eleven. Despite taking that nap earlier, I am so sleepy.

I flip the light switch and hear a groan coming from the other bed in the room. I look at Ethan and he furrows his eyebrows. "Colton?"

"I was sleeping so good. Turn off the light." He murmurs from under the blankets.

"What are you doing here?" Ethan asks and shrugs while looking at me.

"The frat kicked me out, said I was too whipped for wanting Evi to come back home. They said if I was gonna mope around in bed all day for a girl that's probably fucking all the guys in France, then I'm just a giant baby."

My heart aches for Colton and my chest fills with anger toward his dumb fraternity.

"Well Chloe and I are staying here so-"

"We'd love to have you be here with us." I cut Ethan off before he can say something to further hurt Colton. Ethan looks at me then back to Colton and quickly catches on.

"Yeah man, we'd love to have you." Ethan says, making Colton smile.

"Thank guys. I know you two wanna spend time together. I just really need some place to sleep right now. I won't be shoved up your asses your whole stay, Chloe."

"It wouldn't be a problem if you were," I laugh and he laughs along with me.

"When is Evi coming?" Ethan asks.

"She should be here tomorrow night." Colton blushes slightly and I smile at him. I take a seat on Ethan's bed and he sits beside of me.

"Do you miss her a lot?" I ask Colton. He sits up and makes eye contact.

"So much." He says softly.

"Maybe we can go on a double date whenever she gets here and is all settled in and everything. I'm sure she'll be jet lagged."

"That'd be good." Colton says. Ethan nods in agreement.

"Well man, we're gonna get ready for bed. Sorry for waking you up." Ethan explains and Colton shrugs.

"No worries." He yawns before rolling over and going back to sleep. Ethan clicks the light and I grab my bag and wheel it into the bathroom. I unzip my suitcase and notice a note placed on top of my clothes.

"Thought you might need this to spice it up a little (;" -Veronica

Underneath the note is a lace black lingerie dress thing and I shake my head while smiling. That little animal. I knew I liked her for a reason.

I push the lingerie to the side and shuffle through my clothes for my pajamas. I slip on a really long, baggy grey shirt and remove my make up. I flip the light off and go crawl in the bed with Ethan.

As I slide into bed, my arm brushes against his smooth torso, realizing he had removed his shirt. His skin is so silky and warm. I scoot close to him and he spoons behind me, wrapping his arm around my stomach. He kisses my jawline before whispering goodnight in my ear. I smile and grab his hand, intertwining our fingers and quickly falling asleep.