The Big Escape.

I walk into my therapy room. Dr. Henderson stands up and greets me. "Hello Ace, are you ready to go to the rain room?" I nod my head and we exit the room. We walk into the elevator and he rests his hand on my shoulder. He presses the button for floor 8. "I think you're gonna love it there." The door opens and I pause. There's many doctors dragging patients around. One doctor grabs a huge needle and shoves it a guy's neck. I gasp. I look up Dr. Henderson. "Don't be afraid. Everything is gonna be just fine."

"No!" Something kicks into me. I shove him forward, knocking him into a passing nurse holding a tray with needles on top. I press the button for floor one and the door quickly closes. I ride it to floor one and I run into the cafeteria and spot Victor at a table across the room. "Victor!" I shout. I get his attention. I run over to him and pull at his arm. "Get up you lazy bum!" He chuckles and stands up.

"Aren't you the sweetest thing?"

"Come one. We don't have a lot of time. We need to run away now," I pull his arm and he follows me. We run over to the door. Dr. Henderson along with three security guards walk inside. I back up into Victor and he wraps his arm around my shoulder, pushing me behind him.

"Victor move," Dr. Henderson demands.

"Nice to see you Dr. Henderson," he smiles. The security guards walk forward and we back up. I look around. I spot something and someone that might get us out of here. I turn around and sprint into the kitchen. The guards barge into the door as soon as I pick up a large, sharp butcher knife and put it up to the one of the cooks neck. She screams out in horror. Dr. Henderson walks in. I see Victor out of the kitchen window in the cafeteria by the door. He nods his head.

"Ace, put down the knife please," Dr.Henderson says calmly.

"No, just shut the Fuck up for a seconds. I move closer to the door.

"Don't do anything stupid."

"I said shut the fuck up before I slit her throat, do you here me?" I yell at them. The nod their head. "No move out of the way!" I shout. They all shuffle to the right, out of my way. I walk out of the cafeteria door, closer to Victor. He holds open the door, exiting the cafeteria. All eyes are on us, but right now, none of it matters. Only escaping. I get close enough to the door as the security guards and Dr. Henderson follow me out of the kitchen. I reach Victor and I shove the lady into them, keeping the knife and Victor and I sprint out of the hospital at full speed. He's way faster then me. My chest falls heavy with every breath I gulp down. My legs have a mind of its own. They show no signs of stopping anytime soon.  I turn around, seeing the guards chasing us. We see a bus at a bus stop pull up and open its doors. We run inside and the doors close before the guards can reach us. The bus driver doesn't even ask us to pay. I look at Victor smiling.

"We got away," he pulls me into a hug.

"And guess what?"

"What?"

"I have $2,000 with me. My dad gave it to me while I was at school. I take it with me everywhere just in case."

"That's great. I have a place where we can go. And a hidden stash of money that can last us 5 life times." We scan the bus. It's pretty empty. Only an old lady with groceries. We walk to the back and take a seat. We get off at the next stop and we walk into a 7/11 gas station. "Can I use your phone?" Victor asks the cashier.

"Sure." He hands Victor his cell phone. He dials a number and pulls the phone up to his ear. "Hello?" Mumbling. "I escaped with a little friend." More mumbling. "At a 7/11 gas station." Even more mumbling. "Okay, thanks." He hangs up the phone and gives it back to the man. After 5 minutes, a car pulls up and Victor walks outside so I follow him.

"Hello little cuz," a very tall and muscular red head guy steps out of the car. He approaches us.

"Hello Andre." He looks down at me and smiles.

"Who's this little one?"

"She helped me escape. Her name is Ace," Victor wraps his arm around the back of my neck.

"I'm Andre. His older cousin. How old are you sweetheart?"

"14."

"Such a young thing. Why were you in a mental hospital?"

"Depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and accidental suicide attempt."

"Wow. Well let's get out of here and head to my house. We don't want you guys to get caught already." We get into his car and he drives off. Soon after, we reach a really big house.

"Can I use your phone?" I ask Andre when we walk inside.

"Sure." He digs in his pocket and pulls out an IPhone.

"Hello?"

"Hello?" Tears start to form in my eyes.

"Who's this?"

"Your best friend," I sniffle a little.

"Ace? I thought you couldn't call people from the hospital."

"I'm not in the hospital. I escaped with someone."

"Ace! You need help. I love you, but I don't want you to hurt others or yourself."

"MacKenzie I'm fine," I sigh.

"No you're not. Ace where are you?"

"I can't tell you. I can't go back to that place. It's not good," I start to cry. "I can't go back there MacKenzie. You have to believe me. I'm okay now."

"Ace, I need to know where you are right now."

"I'm sorry." I pull the phone away from my ear and I end the call. I sit down on the couch with my head buried into my knees. I'm insane and no one will love me.