Day 1 p.2 part 2

It's finally choir. I'm excited. I love singing. I walk inside. There's only three people in here. Me, Mr. Campbell I assume, and that girl who threw that paper at me in first period. Do I really have another class with her? "Ew why are you here?" She spits, clearly not fond of my presence.

"I'm in this class? What do you think?" I walk past her and to the top row.

"Now Lucy, no need to be rude to a new student. We should all be friends here," Mr. Campbell speaks up. He looks over at me and smiles. He's young, that's for sure. No older then 28. He has short dirty blonde hair and light brown eyes from what I can see. He's pretty fit. He's not ugly, but in my eyes, he's just my teacher.

"You don't need to stand up for me. I couldn't care less what she says," I glance over at her and she rolls her eyes. The class soon fills with teens from all different ages. There's more guys in here then I expected. There's a total of maybe 30 kids total. And about 15 of it are guys. I'm in Chamber choir which is the highest choir.

"Hello students. Today we have a new student. She's the only freshman in this class so treat her as if she's your age," everyone's head turns towards me. I just tighten my hoodie even more. "Acedemicia-"

"Just call me Ace for short," he looks up at me and smiles again.

"Okay Ace, well in our class everyone has to sing a song to find out their section. We usually do it in the beginning of the year, but since you're new, you have to do it now."

"Okay," I shrug. I pull my phone out of my pocket and stand up. I walk now the risers.

"Watch the emo fail," someone whispers and soon the whole class is laughing. I walk over to the speaker and plug my phone in. I go through my phone for a second and find a song to sing. I turn on Monster by Paramore. I know the whole song.

You were my conscience, so solid, now you're like water
And we started drowning, not like we'd sink any further
But I let my heart go, it's somewhere down at the bottom
But I'll get a new one and come back for the hope that you've stolen

I'll stop the whole world, I'll stop the whole world
From turning into a monster eating us alive
Don't you ever wonder how we survive?
Well now that you're gone, the world is ours

O-oh uh-oh uh o-oh uh-oh

I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me
But I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching.
Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims
And they're getting stronger
I hear them calling.

(Calling, Calling)

I'll stop the whole world, I'll stop the whole world
From turning into a monster eating us alive
Don't you ever wonder how we survive?
Well now that you're gone, the world is ours

Well you find your strength in solutions
But I like the tension
And not always knowing the answers
But You're gonna lose it,
You're gonna lose it

I'll stop the whole world, I'll stop the whole world
From turning into a monster eating us alive
Don't you ever wonder how we survive?
Well now that you're gone, the world...

I'll stop the whole world, I'll stop the whole world
From turning into a monster, eating us alive
Don't you ever wonder how we survive?
Now that you're gone, the world is ours...

The music stops playing once the song ends and I stop singing. I scan the room and everyone's silent. There faces are covered in shock. That's it. "That was absolutely amazing Ace," Mr. Campbell squeals a little. It's kinda funny actually. "What was the name of the song?"

"Monster by Paramore." I grab my phone and take a seat.

"It's a great song. And I think you're most likely an alto."

"I am."

"Good, we need more alto's anyways."

Class finally ends and I make my way to my last class of the day. I walk into my poetry class. I wonder how this is gonna go. I walk into the room. I'm the first on here. The first thing I notice is that one of the walls I painted black and the rest are white. Nice.

I spot a guy at the desk in front of the room. He's very pale with black curly hair. It covers his eyes, but it's short in the back. From what I see, he's tall and lanky. He looks extremely young. Like 18. But if he's the teacher, he can't possibly be that young. "Hello, I don't believe I've seen you in my class. Are you my new student, Acedemicia Jury?" His voice is very soft and smooth.

"Yes I am. You can call me Ace for short. Are you Mr. Black?"

"Yes I am," he smirks.

"You look pretty young to be a teacher."

"You look pretty old to be a freshman. Are you sure you're in the right grade?"

"Yeah I am," my right eyebrow raises in confusion.

"I'm 26. I'm guessing you're 14?"

"Yeah." He stands up. He's quite tall. Taller then Dime, but not by a lot. Only like 2 or 3 inches. So about 6'5.

"Nice to meet you," He stretches his right hand out towards me. It's extremely pale. More then his face. I shake it.

"Are you sure you're 26? You look like 18."

"So do you," He laughs a bit. He's odd, but I like it. He's not like other teacher. He's not normal, but not completely insane. Like a combination. Almost as if he's all child's play.

"I do?"

"Yes." He turns around and takes a seat back at his desk. Four more people enter the class before the bell rings. One girl and 3 guys. I take a seat at the back. "Alright class. Today is your free work day. I will grade your work so make your poem special. Give it to me when you're done." This the class? Only 5 students? Odd. I take out a pencil and paper.

"I'm very modest.
Is that a crime?
Don't get mad at me.
It'll only waste your time.
Life is scary.
But it's also a game
We'll change over time.
Evolution never stays the same.
I'm a dark person and that's okay.
Normal is boring to me anyways.
I can be 5 at times.
I can even be 20.
But I'm no princess.
So no one needs to save me.
I'm alright on my own.
I've grown fond of darkness's presence.
This place is my home away from home.
Yet I'm barely even an adolescent.
And only time can tell," I stop writing once I run out of ideas on what to write. It's simple, but it gets my message across. Everything changes over time. Even me. And I'm a dark person, bur I'm okay with it, along with being alone. And only time can create what our lives will end up to be.

I stand up and walk up to Mr. Black. "Done so soon?" He asks in a somewhat sarcastic voice.

"Of course not. I just boosted up the energy to get up out of my seat and to walk up here with my paper for no reason," I sit my paper on his desk and he smiles.

"Sarcasm is a sign of a healthy mind."

"Then I must be a genius," I turn around.

"Wait here while I correct your paper," I sigh and turn around, waiting for him to grade my paper. "Why did you write this?"

"To get my point across that me, along with everything changes over time. And being different is okay."

"Why do you think different is okay?"

"Nothing would be creative if we all thought the same."

"Good thinking. You get an A," he writes an A at the top of my paper and hands it back to me.

"Thanks." I turn around and take a seat at the back. I think I'm gonna like this class.