A Little Twist

"So who are you friends?"

"One's a guy from basketball practice. His name is Nathan."

"Oh I know him. Isn't he like 15?"

"Yeah he is."

"Uh okay?"

"And the others are Oliver, Skyler, and Andy. They're skaters."

"And they're all boys?"

"Yeah, all of them came up to me. Which is unusual but it's fine."

"I don't really think that's a good idea."

"What do you mean?"

"Being friends with all boys."

"So let me get this straight. I get out of the house finally after you complaining for god knows how long and make friends, but I can't be friends with them because they're the opposite gender of me?"

"Now honey-"

"Don't honey me. It's because I like guys and you're worried I'm gonna go have sex with them isn't it?"

"We you're not half wrong. I mean-"

"What if I was a lesbian? Would you not let me hang out with girls?"

"Of course not-"

"You wanna know what? I don't care. This is my first time making more then one friend and you're not going to ruin that." I turn around and march into my room. This is bull. My phone goes off and it's from a group chat of numbers I don't know.

?- This is Skyler.

??- This is Andy

???- And this is Oliver

I add their contacts into my phone and we all text for a while about random stuff.

Oli- Hey we're going to the mall Friday, wanna come?

Me- Of course. What time?

Sky- At Noon.

Me- Okay.

Ding! My phone goes off. Another text from a strange number.

?- Hey Ace, it's Nathan.

I add him into my phone too. I didn't really think he'd text me, but I guess I was wrong.

Me-"Hey, what's up?

Nat- Just got home. Hey would you like to hang out Friday, I'm free.

Me- I'm actually going to the mall with some friends. You can come too if you want.

Nat- Sounds great. What time?

Me- Noon.

Nat- Alright, I'm gonna shower. I'll see you at practice tomorrow. Good night ❤

Me- Good night

Did he just give me a heart emoji? It probably just means nothing. I should stop overreacting

I search my contact for MacKenzie's number.

Me- I'm going to the mall with like 4 guys on Friday and you're coming with me. You don't have a choice.

MacNcheese- Ace you got hella hoes

Me- Shut up. So you're coming right?"

MacNcheese- Yeah I will. What time?

Me- Noon

MacNcheese- Alright, I gotchu

Me- thanks.

Good, I won't be the only girl there.

Me- Hey guys is it alright if two of my friends tag along?

Andy- Sure, who is it?

Me- My friend MacKenzie and a guy from my basketball practice, Nathan

Oli- Okay, that's cool.

Me- Okay, I'm going to sleep.

All three- Good night❤

I actually have friends. And I didn't do anything. They came to me. It was my dad's idea to get out of the house, yet he hates that I made friends because they're guys. That's like sexist. And I'm not stupid. I'm not gonna get pregnant at 12. I know basically everything about sex. And more.

I take shower and brush my hair out. I brush my teeth and change into my shorts and oversized Black Veil Brides sweater. I turn my fan on and put my phone on my charger. I hop into bed.

"Ace, can I talk to you?" My dad knocks on my door.

"Sure," I mumble. He opens the door and walks inside. "What it is?"

"Look baby," he takes a seat at the foot of my bed, "I'm sorry if I made you angry. I'm just being a dad. You're my little girl and you're growing up so fast. And I'm afraid you're gonna get hurt because I didn't do enough to protect you. I mean you're already getting involved with boys and-"

"Dad I'm not stupid. I mean yeah I like boys from time to time, but I'm not gonna do anything sexual. I'm not ready for that stuff."

"I'm just being a dad. I know girls end up getting pregnant at like 16 and it throws their life away."

"I know, trust me, all those shows about it are annoying. But I'm smart and well educated about this topic dad. I may be little, but I know more then I need to know. I'm okay."

"Okay," He lets out a sigh of relief.

"Dad, you trust me right?"

"More or less." I punch him in the arm slightly.

"I want you to promise me that you'll trust me," I stick my pinky out.

"I can't make promises I can't keep."

"They're just friends dad. Promise me." He hesitates, but connects my pinky with his.

"I promise, only for you," he smiles.

"Thank you," I open my arms and he gives me a big hug. "I love you daddy."

"I love you too baby," he kisses my cheek before letting me go and leaving me room