Therapy session 1

The next day I wake up, getting ready for my personal therapy. I'm kind of scared. I mean I hate talking about my emotions. I throw on a hoodie and black ripped skinnies. I pull my hoodie up and exit the room, greeted by Freddy. "Are you ready?" He gives me a worried look. I shrug and we head to the elevator. I make it to my room for therapy. Freddy gives me a thumbs up before walking back to the elevator. I walk inside the room and a man in a suit with glasses on the top of his head awaits, sitting in a big chair.

"Hello Acedemicia, please take a seat," he points to the chair next to him. He pulls his glasses down to his nose.

"Call me Ace," my voice cracks when I say my name which is kind of embarrassing.

"Okay Ace, take a seat." I nod my head and do as told. "How are you feeling today?" I shrug.

"I don't know. Kind of nervous."

"Well this is a safe room. No need to be shy," I look up at him and study his features. Wrinkles are on his face, mostly under his eyes, indicating that he's in his 50's. Most likely his early 50's. His nose is quite large and pointy. The top of his head is bald, but the sides and back have a thin layer of grey hair surrounding it. His glasses are small and round, hanging off his nose a bit. His outfit is all black with a blood red tie. The room is dimmed down, almost like a room when it's not completely black outside, but close to it.

"O-okay."

"So I heard there's a voice in your head and it has a name. What is it?"

"Onyx."

"You know Onyx is a type of gem right?"

"Yeah," I shake my head a little.

"What does it say?"

"She says that she controls me now since I can't run from myself. That no one cares about me and just uses me," my hands and arms start to shake and my head is getting dizzy and my vision is slowly getting blurry. "I don't feel good," I stand up and stumble over to the door, almost knocking stuff off his desk in the process.

"Now Ace, it's okay. Just sit down," he gets up and rests his hand on my shoulder, guiding me back to the chair. I follow him and take a seat.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," a tear falls from my eyes.

"No need to cry Ace. It's all alright. No harm was done."

"Alright."

"Where or when do ever you feel more relaxed? What's your comfort zone?"

"Usually when it's raining. I like thunder and rain and lightning. I don't know why, but I do."

"That's fantastic because we have a room in the hospital for patients who love rain. It's dark and fake lightning can be seen and fake thunder can be heard. And the water that falls from the roof like rain."

"Really?" I look up at him with happy eyes and a big smile.

"Yes there is. We won't go today, but we'll go tomorrow. Make sure to wear something you don't mind getting wet in."

"Okay," my head lowers again, but I'm happy. I can't believe this. Rain is rare in Vegas so when I see it, it's magical. If there's a room that's basically the same thing, it's a dream come true.

"Now Ace, I want you to be comfortable around me. So tell me what are your interests?"

"I love singing and writing and reading. I also play basketball. My favorite bands are Black Veil Brides, Pierce The Veil, and 5 Seconds of Summer. I wear dark clothes a lot because it matches my mood the majority of the time. And I like dark rooms."

"Would you like the room to be like this or completely dark when we're in session?"

"This is fine."

"So when were you first diagnosed with anxiety and depression?"

"When I was 10 years old."

"Was it because of the abuse from your mother?"

"Yeah it was. I got kinda over it when I was about 13. Not all of it, but most of it."

"Have you had any previous relationships?"

"I've had two boyfriends in the past only. Both started off when I was just 12, turning 13."

"Tell me about your first boyfriend."

"It was with a guy name Nathan Longhorn. He was a guy from a basketball team I practiced with. He was 15. We dated for about 2 and a half weeks."

"Why did you guys split?"

"He uh, he cheated on me."

"I'm sorry to hear that. How did it affect you? Emotionally, mentally, and physically."

"It hurt for a second, but my friend who turned into my second boyfriend was there and cheered me up and asked me out that same day."

"And tell me about him."

"He was my friend at first. His name was Skyler. He was 14 when we began dating. We dated for year and two and a half months."

"And why did that erelationship end?"

"He cheated on me too."

"I'm so sorry to hear that. And how did that affect you?"

"I was extremely hurt for like three days. But I got over it."

"Good to hear. Well that's it for today's lesson. I'll see you tomorrow Ace," we both stand up and I give him a hug.

"See you tomorrow."