Road Trip

"I'll miss you Ace," my dad kisses my forehead.

"I'll miss you too dad. I'll be back on Tuesday, it'll be faster then you realize."

"I know. Have fun and be safe."

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too," he gives me one last hug. I get out of the car and head over to the bus with my suitcase. I give the man my bag and he puts it under the bus. We're going to Los Angeles today. The drive is only 4 hours. About half the guys are here and the others aren't.

I get on the bus, greeted by some hi's. I wave back before making my way to the back of the bus, next to the window. I pull my phone and earphones out and plug then in my ear. I'm leaving my dad for 5 days and I'm nervous and excited. Arms wrap around my waist and lift me up. Then the person sits down with me in its lap. I turn my head and see Nathan.

"Hey babe," he kisses my cheek.

"Hi," he turns my body so it's sideways. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Are you excited?"

"Yeah, I've never been to L.A. or travelled away from my dad before."

"You'll be fine. You have a whole basketball team to back you up," his hands tighten around my waist. "Especially with me around."

"Gotcha," I peck his cheek. His goofy smiles appears. I look out the window to see rain drops starting to fall. After 10 minutes, we leave. I turn on Chop Suey by System Of A Down. I'm not a fan of them, but I like this song. Its cool. I rest my head on the window and look outside. My left ear bud is pulled out of my ear.

"What are you listening to?"

"Chop Suey by System Of A Down.

"Can I listen with you?" He doesn't give me a chance to respond before he puts it in his ear. He pauses for a second. "This song is cool. What else do you listen to?"

"Too many bands to name at the moment."

"Can I pick a song?"

"Sure." I unlock my phone without him looking and head to my music. I give him my phone at let him look through my songs.

"You have some weird songs. Fuck, Fuck Everything, Hatefuck, Daddy, Whore, People=Shit? What are you listening to girl?" He laughs a bit.

"In my defence, Daddy is a very... emotional song."

"What's it about?"

"How the lead singer was sexually assaulted by his neighbors and his parents didn't believe him."

"Oh. I'm just gonna pick a song random." He closes his eyes and presses shuffle. Bullet by Hollywood Undead. This isn't a song I want him to listen to, but I'm not gonna change it. "This seems very hap-" he stops when they start singing about cutting their wrist. "Never mind."

"This song is about suicide," I mumble.

"What's up with all the sad songs?"

"No reason," my eyes travel at out the window. "I have other songs."

"Fine, pick one." He hands me my phone back. I turn on Tear In My Heart by Twenty-one Pilots. He listens to it and smiles. "I like this song. Who's it by?"

"Twenty-one Piliots."

"Cool." We sit there, listening to my music until my eyes begin to fall heavy.

***

"Wake up babe, we're like 15 minutes away from my hotel," Nathan taps me. I open my eyes to the sight of him yawning.

"Okay," I stretch my arms before getting off his lap. I sit in the seat next to him and text my dad that I'm here safe.

"Remember who we're sharing a room with?"

"Travis and Chris."

"Yep, let's go sit next to them."

"Okay." I stand up slowly since my legs fell asleep and follow Nathan four rows up.

"Hey dude and girly," Chris smiles.

"Hey," I smile.

"Hi," Travis waves. I wave back at him. "Coach said we can go out to the strip tonight."

"Yes! I love the Strip," Nathan says. I wonder if it's like the Strip in Vegas. "Lets look decent this time because last time people tried to offer us food."

"Alright," Chris shrugs. The bus stops in front of a nice looking hotel. "We're here finally." We all get off and wait to get our bags as the driver unloads the bus.

We all get our bags and Travis and Chris both get the two keys from Coach. We all head up the elevator to floor 5 and to room B07. Chris unlocks the door and we all walk inside. Its huge. Two queen sized beds, a sofa, huge flat screen, and a huge bathroom. "Sweet!" Nathan basically throws his luggage and picks me up and throws me on the bed closest to the window. "We call this bed."

"Fine," Travis collapses onto the other bed. He can't fit entirely. His feet hang off. "Since its 5, we should probably get ready to leave. We need to be back by 11." I, right now, look like crap. I'm in old sweats and a tank top. I walk over to my suitcase and open it. I grab my red ripped skinny jeans, black and white Sleeping With Sirens, a black bra, Black and white converse, and black beanie.

I walk into the bathroom since the guys are just changing in the room. I close the door and strip out of my old clothes and change into my jeans and bra. I sit my shirt on the counter as I run my fingers through my bushy hair a few times. "Ace I need to fix my-" Nathan walks into the bathroom and pauses. He just stares at me and his cheeks turn red. I look down, realizing I'm only in my bra and jeans.

"Oh uh fix what you need." I grab my crop top and throw it on. "I was just fixing my hair."

"O-Okay." He walks beside me and begins fixing his hair which is usually gelled sideways, but it's in his eyes now.

"I like your hair messy," I smile.

"What? I look homeless," he pouts.

"No you don't. You look fine." I give him a hug and he hugs me back.

"You always look great." He plants a kiss on my forehead before releasing me. "Should I just leave it?"

"Yeah."

"Fine, but I'm wearing a hat."