"Sorry Rob but Gab and I have to work on her speech for tomorrow's event."

Rob's face fell but he manage to recover and offered a sweet smile.

"Okay, it's fine, maybe some other time then"

Lexi smiled then Rob waved us goodbye as we continued to walk back to our room. I knew there was no another time because we'll be leaving the day after tomorrow. I mentally patted my back feeling proud that Lexi chose to be with me this time. But what speech is she talking about?

"Lexi, w-what speech are you talking about?"

"Nah, I just made it up, like an alibi"

"And why did you do that?"

She looked at me with her guilty face on.

"Well, I just didn't want Rob to think that we'd be more than what we are now. I mean we can be friends but that's just it.."

I puffed out air and grunted.

"What was that for?" Lexi asked.

"You said the same thing the first night we got here, and then you went out with him last night. Can you be more consistent?"

I remembered how shitty I felt leaving the dining hall after Lexi turned me down and chose Rob instead. Lexi made a face and countered.

"Are you jealous with Rob, Gabby?"

"Me? God no!"

I shook my head in defense and denied. But the truth is I am so much jealous not just with Rob, but anyone who likes Lexi.

"Seriously Gab? Because you're reaction yesterday doesn't say you aren't jealous with Rob"

I looked away avoiding eye contact. But Lexi just wouldn't stop bugging me and she's poking and forcing me to admit it.

"Fine. Okay I admit I was, but just a bit. I was hurt that you chose him over me. That's it, happy now?"

My face scrunched and I look at her to see a smile plastered on her face. Little did we know we already reached our huts, but surprisingly Lexi moved towards the lake. I trailed in from behind and watched her as she sat over the wooden bench facing the lake. I sat beside her and she moved closer to me nuzzling my arm. Is this for real? My heart picked up its pace and I don't know what Lexi is thinking about. We stayed like this for a couple of minutes until I spoke.

"Are you okay?"

Lexi let go of her hold in my arm then she shifted on her seat facing me. She propped one elbow over the bench, tucking one leg over the other. Then I too shifted on my seat and did the same. We are now sitting face to face under the bright moonlight and the lake behind us. Oh how romantic!

"Yes why'd you ask?"

Lexi looked at me in the eye while I sat their captivated by how the moon illuminated her blue eyes.

"Nothing it's just weird to be right here next to you"

She tilted her head on the side and gave me a questioning look.

"Why would you say that Gab?"

"Because it rarely happens"

I smiled at the thought and remembered all the times Lexi turned me down. I wasn't complaining though and I'm not the type to hold grudge over something.

"Rare? Why would you even think that? We hung out a couple of times Gab"

"Yeah but mostly on my initiative and remember you liked avoiding me"