Chapter Thirty Two: The Surprise Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

She felt her phone vibrate and recognized the caller ID as Roy's. It was almost 7. She cut the call and threw the phone against the wall, seeing and hearing the crack of the screen. She was standing him up on a date but she didn't dare go like this. She leaned her head back against the door, in an attempt to feel less empty. The phone vibrated and rang again. Feeling a sudden rage and hatred fill within her, she stood up and wrecked everything within her reach, she pushed all the books, CDs and stereo set off her shelf, all her make up and accessories off her make up table, she pulled the curtains down from the rods holding them above her window, she pulled the bedsheets and blankets off the bed and ripped apart pillows in same the fit of rage. Having left nothing more to destroy as well as feeling all the energy leave her body, she curled up into a ball, hugging a pillow between her chest and knees. The phone kept vibrating while She cried her heart out until she fell asleep.

*******

Hours later, Jisha woke up to the sound of heavy rain pattering against the glass of the window. Her phone vibrated again in the corner. She wiped the hair out of her face and walked to the window and opened it. She closed her eyes and let the wind and rain wash over her, feeling it calm her. She opened her eyes to meet a familiar pair of dark brown eyes, just outside her house. She stared into pleading eyes with battles raging within her. She turned and headed into the washroom.

She faced the mirror. "Now I'm going to show them all what a whore I can actually be."

*********

Ten minutes later, Jisha emerged from her bathroom, dressed like a complete $lut. Skimpy tops and barely covering skirts with netted black stockings. She took a quick swig from the bottle of whiskey under her bed and headed for the main door.

"Jisha. Where are you going? It's 2 am"

Jisha turned to face Jiya.

"You needn't worry about me anymore. I'm a whore. I don't belong anywhere in particular."

"Jisha.. Whatever your brother said to you, was all said in a drunken state. He'll regret most of it in the morning. Let it go."

"No. He's right. I'm a whore. Why would anyone want to spend their lives with me. I'm a whore. That's what I'm always going to be." She headed out the door as she wiped away the straying tear from her eyes. Every time she repeated the phrase, "I'm a whore," she seemed to believe it even more.

"Jisha. Come back. Don't do this to yourself." All in vain, Jiya called.

Outside, Roy rushed up to her the moment she'd appeared outside.

"Jisha.. Is everything alright. I heard your sister shouting. Are you okay." He hugged her. "What are you even wearing?"

"We're over, Roy." She remained rigid.

"What? Jisha? What's going on?"

"Roy. We're over. We're done. Leave me alone."

Jisha's friends, whom she'd asked to pick her up, had just arrived and she walked right past a stunned Roy, and joined her friends who were hooting after her.

Realization taking its place, Roy recovered from his stunned stance, still adamant on not letting this go without a clear explanation, tailed behind Jisha's ride, in his car.