Chapter 1: Bloodlust... or Maybe Just Lust?

Start from the beginning

I mentally scolded myself for being attracted to the guy, Gosh, Anna, get it together, you're taken!

I smiled awkwardly, "Just some water."

He seemed surprised, "I'm the designated driver," I added.

"Okay ma'am," He turned around and then turned back to me with a glass in hand, "Regular or sparkling?"

"Regular."

Because he seemed to stare into my eyes for a little too long, I smiled shyly, noticing how piercing his green eyes were, like he could see right through me.

He returned the smile, "Okay."

As he turned to get the water I thought I saw him reach for something in his front pocket, but his back was turned to me, so I dismissed the thought as paranoia. He handed me a water bottle and a glass filled with ice.

I mumbled a thank you, so he smiled to me and said, "No problem young lady, I'm at your service." He did a hand gesture as if he were a soldier saluting me, and I giggled. The mystifying young man smiled at me again, and I noticed he had a stunning smile, with perfect white teeth and sharp canines like a vampire, it was kind of attractive, though.

He had an alluring quality that couldn't help me from smiling or trying to form a conversation with him, who was this guy? I'd never seen him around before. "I don't mean to be nosy, but does that perfume I smell belong to you?"

"Indeed, it does." He replied with the same serene tone as before.

Leaning forward on the bar as if I were about to tell him a secret, I said, "I actually still haven't gotten my boyfriend's birthday present yet, which is what we're celebrating today. I really like you perfume, mind telling me which one it is?"

I could have sworn he stared at me at a loss for words for a few quick seconds before he composed himself, "You won't find it being sold these days, it's an old family heirloom."

"Oh, I see... Any advice, Mr. Bartender?"

He seemed to be rolling his eyes backwards, or just staring at the ceiling for a little too long. It was a uncomfortable couple of seconds before he said, "I hear boys your age are really into video game consoles, and computer games, especially violent ones. Hope that helps."

"I'll look into it, thanks!" I flashed him a bright smile and left his pay on the counter before leaving with my water.

Smiling, I made my way over to my table with the bottle and the glass of water. Gabriel was sitting there with a couple of the guys, telling our friends about his suspicion that his parents were going to get him a car because he had just turned seventeen.

When he saw me, he waved me over and patted the seat next to him. He put an arm around my shoulders as soon as I sat down, probably staking his claim in front of the other guys. Men, I thought.

Angie was sitting across from us eyeing Gabriel's friend Chris, a cute blond haired guy with big brown eyes and the most adorable freckles. I smiled at her knowingly, to which she mouthed 'help' at me.

I turned to Chris and said, "Hey Chris, have you met my friend Angie?"

He turned to her and said, "I don't believe I've had the pleasure. Hello Angie, I'm Chris, Gabriel's better half."

Gabriel narrowed his eyes jokingly, "Ha-ha, you're so funny Chris, but we all know I'm the better and handsomer version."

Chris and Gabriel looked nothing alike. Chris was shorter and skinnier, with slightly curly blond hair and an innocent demeanor. He always got the 'aww' factor from girls with his doe eyes and freckles, while Gabriel, tall and fit, with straight black hair and baby blue eyes, could be described as sexy, rather than cute. They always came as a pair, though. The two were inseparable since childhood because they were neighbors and they'd grown up together. Sometimes it was hard to think of them as different people.