Chapter 1: Bloodlust... or Maybe Just Lust?

Start from the beginning

"Angie calm down, let him socialize, he'll come looking for me eventually," I said, giggling at her pouty face.

"Fine," she replied, dragging out the word with her shoulders slumped and eyes slit, playfully glaring at me. Then she perked up and smiled cheekily, "Anyway you're right I mean the boy can't get his hands off you."

"Angie, shut up! Let's just go enjoy the party."

"Oh, all right, come on we have our own table."

We walked over to the table, and I smiled at the sight of my friends, all talking animatedly with drinks in hand. As soon as I stepped into view, a slender girl with dirty blonde hair who we knew as the bubbly, popular, socialite of our group came up to me and gave me a bear hug.

"Anna! Finally! We were waiting for you," she turned to the others, "Let's go dance, bitches!"

Gabbie, always so proper.

I was occupied with dancing when I felt a warm body press up against mine, and muscular arms wrap around my waist, "Hello Annie, I think you forgot something," He mumbled against my neck.

"Gabriel!" I turned around to meet his baby blue eyes, "Happy birthday, babe!"

"How long have you been here?" He said with a frown.

"Only about fifteen minutes, don't get your panties in a bunch."

He smiled, "I just wanted to see you." Just then, the music changed to a slow, romantic melody. Gabriel smirked devilishly.

"Oh, no," I turned to walk away, but he pulled me back.

"Oh, no you don't. You owe me a birthday dance."

"Fineeee," I said, sounding like Angie had a few minutes before.

Gabriel wrapped his arms around my waist and rested them on the small of my back. I wrapped mine around his neck and pulled him close to me. We were waltzing to modern music as if it were the 50's, an unusual sight in a discotheque filled with the young-spirited beginnings of the millenials. As we started swaying, my head resting on his shoulder, one of his hands left my back to trail along my side and then up and down my arm, moving up to my shoulder and then lifting my chin up so he could look me in the eyes. He smiled tenderly and leaned in to kiss me.

As I was about to close my eyes, I got this strange feeling, as if somebody were watching me. I put my hands on his chest, and looked around the club. Everybody seemed to be minding their own business, dancing around drunkenly.

"What's wrong?" Gabriel turned to see what I was looking at.

"Nothing, I just felt... strange," I pulled his face back to mine and added, "Never mind, babe, I'm just paranoid."

He seemed confused for a second, but then he looked down at my lips and all was forgotten. He mumbled an okay and leaned in to kiss me again.

An hour later I was feeling a little out of breath, and excused myself to go get a drink. I walked over to the bar slowly, feeling a little tipsy from the alcohol my friends had snuck into some flasks, and made a mental note to cut myself off. I had to dive Angie home, after all.

As I walked closer to the bar, a strange, but enthralling aroma took over my senses, and I noticed that the bartender across from me was a little young, and way too handsome for reality. He looked so out of place, as if he'd jumped straight out of a magazine.

He must have noticed me staring and smirked, "Can I get you something?"

Yeah, your name and your number.