Girl That You Love

~Brendon's POV~

I tricked Rose so she would jump in the pool first. I stood there laughing as she was under water. Then I noticed she wasn't moving and she was underwater for a long time. Oh no! What if she can't breath. I jump in pick her up, and I lay her down on the concrete next to the pool. She didn't breath.

"Rose! You have to breath!" I push down on her stomach. That didn't work. I had to do CPR. I did, awkwardly. She started breathing again. "Thank God your alive," I said while she was laying down.

She laughs. "Did you just kiss me?" She asks. Then she gets up.

"No, it's called CPR, but how are you totally fine?" I ask.

"Well, when I was underwater I didn't see you so I stopped moving. I have learned to hold my breath for a long time. Then when you picked me up, I tried to breath really soft and quietly. When you set me down I sopped breathing, but I passed out," She paused. "But then I woke up, and here we are," I was a little mad.

I smiled "I hate you," I said laughing.

"Hates a strong word mister!" She yelled in a kid voice.

"Sorry, I passionately despise you," I smirked.

"But if you did then you wouldn't have invited me here, you clearly invited me because you like me," She says.

"I can't go wrong with that," We get lost in each others eyes. "Okay, how about we actually swim around for a bit," I suggest trying to change the subject. I obviously liked her but I didn't know how to approach her like that.

"I would love to!" She shouts jumping in the pool. This time she swam to the top. I watched. As she reached the top, the lights shined against her eyes that could blind anyone. "Are you going to get in or not?" She asks.

"I will get in, but in style," I run over to the table put on my sunglasses. I jump in. "This is called style."

"Oh sure," She said with sarcasm. We swam and splashed each other until about 4:30. It was awesome.

"Wanna get out? It's starting to get cold," I ask her.

"Okay," She answers. We walk out into my house. She grabs her bag and looks genuinely upset. "Um, Bren, do you have a sweatshirt I can borrow?" She asks me holding up the one she brought. One of the sleeves tore off.

"Yeah, follow me, you can pick," I said beckoning her to come to my room. When we were there, it was kind of awkward. "Uh, so want to wear my black or grey one?" I ask her.

"Black please," I hand it to her. "Thank you," We walk out to the living room. She is wearing the sweatshirt which makes it look like she isn't wearing any pants.

"Uh, want to do like karaoke or something?" She smiled.

"OMG! I- I mean, sure," She blushed and I laughed.

"Okay, I haven't heard you sing, want to sing a song from my band?"

"I would love to, I remembered all your songs by heart," She said. I walk over to the closet to grab the karaoke machine. I plug it in and hand her a mic. We start singing as if we are singing at a concert. It was amazing. Her voice was beautiful. Who knew someone else could sing the song perfectly like me. Before I know it, she gets tangled up in a wire and trips... on me. I fall onto the floor with her on top of me. Her lips touched mine. She gets up and apologizes. Before she could finish, I kissed her. It wasn't weird. It was amazing. I got this rushing feeling. As a surprise, she kissed back.

The kiss lasted about 10 seconds. "Whoa," She said pulling back.

"No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I just, I just wasn't thinking," I said blushing.

""No, it's fine, I'm just surprised. I never thought that you out of anyone would kiss me," She said.

I smiled. "Well, I would kiss you any day," We both got lost in each other's eyes again. "Rose, will you be my official girlfriend," I asked her. She nodded and we embraced.

It was already 7:00. We were talking about school and we talked about the rest of the band. We learned a lot about each other. I just graduated my senior year of high school and Rose was about to enter her senior year. She skipped a grade because of her intelligence skills.

"Can you take me home, my brother might start worrying about me, plus he wants to meet you," She says.

"Sure, just guide me to where you live," We get up and I grab my keys. She grabs her bag and we are out the door.