01: Heater Problems [Markiplier]

You yawned and streched as you sat up in bed, groaning softly. Winter mornings were always a pain to wake up to. Especially mornings where your heater was broken and your apartment felt like an ice chest. Your teeth chattered as you plunged deeper into your blankets, shivering, trying to find that little heat pocket you had formed over night. Winter could go shove a dildo up its ass and fuck itsself for all you were concerned.

Puffy gray clouds outside held promises of snow and more freezing weather, basically meaning nothing but heater problems, sweaters and coffee for you for the rest of the day. You grumble and cursed God and the weather multiple times as you closed your eyes, trying to relax back into sleep. You had moved to LA for the warm sunny beaches, not speratically freezing your ass off weather.

You had just began to drift off, almost on the verge of sleep when a knock on your front door made you jump and shoot up, whining as icy air hit the bare skin of your arms. You stand, yelping as feet hit the cold ground, immediately grabbing for a sweatshirt to pull over your arms and your socks to slide over your feet. You stumbled down the stairs, sliding to the door.

You shivered as you opened the door to look up at a stranger who was slightly taller then you with cherry red hair tumbling over shaved raven sides, slight stubble and a sleepy look on his face. "Hey." He mumbled. "Uh, hi?" He rubbed his face and fixed his glasses, leaning against the outer door frame. "Just wondering, did your heat break off too?" You nod, trying to ignore the fact that the man in front of you was wearing nothing but a flannel -which was open to reveal his broad, muscular and tanned chest- and a pair of sweatpants.

"Okay, great, so I'm not going crazy." You yawned and nod, rubbing your eyes. "Do you have some form of backup heat?" He asked, sounding slightly concerned. You shake your head, blinking watery, sleepy (E/C) eyes. "Nah, got a shit ton of blankets, but that's about it."

"I've got some space heaters if you want to borrow one?" You blinked again. You never talked to your neighbors, never really interacted with anyone in fact. So why was this stranger being so nice to you? "Um, I think I'll be good." You say, looking down at your feet as another shiver passed through you. The man chuckled and shook his head. "Please, I insist. I don't want a pretty girl like you catching a cold or worse, phenmonia." You turned bright red. Did he just call me...pretty? You look up with a small sigh, trying to play off your slight embarrassment.

"Fine, since you insist." The man smiled cheerfully. "Great. Oh, I'm Mark, by the way."
"(Y/N)." You say, following after him as he led you to his door. "Do you mind dogs?" He asked over his shoulder. "Uh, no, why?" As soon as he opened the door, a golden retriever lept up, sniffing and nuzzling at you. You giggle, scratching behind the dogs ears. "Well, hello to you, too, pretty puppy." Mark laughed. "C'mon Cica, down girl." He eased the dog off of you.

"C'mon then." He said, tilting his head towards the inside of his apartment. You nod and follow after him, the dog on your heels as you looked around. The place was nice, a homey feel wrapping around you as you walked in. "Wait here." Mark said, disappering down the hall. You nod, shivering and rubbing your arms.

Mark came back with the heater in his arms a few minuets later. "Alright, here ya go." You thank him, smiling as you take the black box space heater. "At least I don't have to worry about freezing to death." He chuckled. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. My door is always open." You moved towards the door but Mark stopped you, hand resting on your shoulder.

"Hey (Y/N), would you maybe like to, I dunno," He blushed slightly, looking down at the floor. "Hang out sometime?" You giggled, ruffling his hair. "Nerd. Of course, I'd love to." He looked up, smiling. "Great! How about, since our heat is out, we just hang around town today?" You nod and smile. "Sure, just let me shower and change. Hopefully the hot water works."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I'll meet you downstairs." You nod, humming as you walked out the door. "See you in a bit, cutie." He called after you. You froze, then looked over your shoulder. "Will do, flirt." You wink playfully and head back to your apartment.