10~some of the weirdest things can happen in new york

" thank you James " Thomas said with a sigh of relief. " Thomas if I'm stealing a damn car I need to know you exact location " James hissed through the phone. Thomas quickly looked around " uhhhh.." He trailed off. " lower Manhattan ". There was a silence over the phone for a couple seconds. " lower Manhattan?! That's an hour away."

Thomas bit his lip " yep... SEE YOU THEN! " " THO-" Thomas quickly hanged up. Thomas back out of the booth and sighed, shaking a little. " hey honey is something wrong ?" A person asked putting a hand on Thomas's shoulder.

Thomas jumped and backed into the door of telephone booth. A short man with red hair stood there behind Thomas. " that cut doesn't look good sweetie " the man walked up and took Thomas's hand and drew him into a shop.

Thomas tensed " excuse me?". " oh I'm Samuel... Samuel seabury". Thomas followed after , not caring what's the worst that can happen "I- I'm Thomas". Samuel nodded, dragging Thomas threw a small antique shop. Once at the back of the shop , Samuel led Thomas into a back room.

Samuel laid Thomas down on a table , shifting off his shirt. " what?!! " Thomas said shocked. "I know how to handle this " Samuel said. Thomas shiverd against the cold table. " you need to relax baby " Samuel said kindly walking around the room.

Thomas wasn't to fond of these little nicknames. A couple minutes later , Samuel came back with cleaning alcohol , bandages and paper towels. " this might hurt a little " Samuel started to pour the cleaning alcohol on the paper towels.

As Samuel pressed the paper towel soaked in the alcohol, Thomas hissed loudly. " o- oOOoow" Thomas gripped on the table.
" warned you". " sit up please " Samuel asked. Thomas sat up shaking again. Samuel lifted up Thomas's arms and wrapped the bandaged around Thomas's chest.

" there you go " Samuel handed back Thomas's shirt. " oh yeah and Thomas," Samuel said quickly " some of the weirdest things can happen in New York ".Thomas was staring at the ground , but put on the shirt anyway. " t-thanks..." Thomas quickly got up and walked out. Thomas rushed outside , feeling disturbed. What has my life become really... Who the fuck can I trust and can't trust.

Thomas shook the thought away and sat on a bench , just waiting. After a hour of waiting a sound of a honk startled Thomas. Looking up he saw a black mustang, James in the front seat. Thomas ran over and got into the car.

" a Mustang? Why would you steal a mustang?" Thomas rose his voice. James flinched , and got quiet for just a couple moments " I uh... Just rented a car". " I know you couldn't steal a car " Thomas sighed in relief. " I'm sorry but I want to have a life that's not in jail!" James defended angrily.

Thomas was taken back by James tone , and sat silent looking at the floor. " feel lucky I agreed to pick up your ass Jefferson!" James exclaimed. " I- I'm sorry...." Thomas said quietly.

" sorry doesn't fix everything in your perfect little world Thomas " James hissed. Thomas didn't do anything but fiddled with his thumbs, thinking on how to reply. Thomas sat up after a few minutes glaring at James.

" my life. Has gone to complete shit ever since I started dating you"Thomas paused " I've got someone I considered a friend out to get me.."

" if you could look beyond yourself , maybe I wouldn't be so damn nervous to be around you " Thomas added getting quiet, sighing angrily.
" what bad has come from me?" James asked staring out onto the busy road that lay infront of them.

" ... I've been getting threats about bringing my fears to life, I've been picked up by random people almost being killed earlier today. My father hurting me because he found out I'm dating a boy and many people refuse to talk to me!" Thomas said looking out the window " but I haven't left yet. My life is on the line constantly but I can't seem to leave you. "

James had gone quiet, after thirty minutes he finally spoke up " almost ... Killed ?". " I was picked up by someone named Lafayette and Hercules saying you had called to take back and I was later on Lafayette flicked a knife on me...." Thomas muttered.

" .... I'm sorry Thomas for snapping on you " James apologized. " it's... Fine, you had a reason " Thomas looked down embarrassed. James nodded , and both where quiet until they arrived at James house.

James stepped out of the car , walking over to Thomas's side opening his door. Thomas stepped out muttering a thanks to James, reaching out for his hand. James hesitated but took Thomas's hand intertwining their fingers. The two , in silence, walked inside James house.

" I'm really sorry tom " James apologized again , walking past the kitchen and headed for the stairs. " it.... It's fine " Thomas followed next to James closely. " it really isn't you've had such a rough week , and I didn't ... Apologize I just got mad at you for leaving... I couldn't do anything you where with your family   " James said softly.

" it really is fine " Thomas said again , stumbling on the last step up. James glanced at Thomas in worry " I feel really shitty " James headed down the hall. " you shouldn't , you didn't do anything wrong " Thomas assured leaning on James.

James walked into his bedroom , smiling a little " I'm still sorry Tommy " James said a little more preppy. Thomas leaned on the edge on the bed, nodding " it's okay really". James let go of Thomas's hand put his own hands on his chest pushing Thomas down on the bed. Thomas blushed a deep red , eyes wide in shock.

" how can I make it up to you?"

-------

Word count -957