Silent Stalker

Ben's POV:

I kept seeing the black obis of my eyelids. No pictures or sound. I was trapped waiting to be transported to a dream. Why cant I sleep? I sat up in frustration and rubbed my eyes.

I heard my door open then shut again. Did it open or was this the start of a dream. I opened my eyes to see Jeff had left. I walked over to my door and looked down the corridor. Jeff looked confused to where he was going.

I will follow him I want to apoligize for being so rude to him. I positioned my beenie on my head and followed him silently. Where is he going? I followed him for 20 minuets before he went in the common room. The same common room he passed 4 times. I stood outside the door and was about to enter when I heard a voice speek up.

Why do you call Ben silent shadow?" Jeff asked the croud. Having odd shaped ears ment I could hear alot more than the others. It's almost like having super powers. Why is Jeff asking about me.

"Well we all came up with the name a long time ago because of how short he is and how he never says a word, doubt he even has voice" the male replied. I know that voice that voice belonged to Trent, the biggest bully in this place. The room filled with laughter at Trent's comments. No one ever challenged Trent because he claims he is a black belt in kung fu. We all know it is a lie but we let him belive it.

"Height, you bully him because he is short, that's really pathetic" Jeff scoffed sounding a bit annoyed. The room fell quiet.

"Listen new boy, until you have learned who the boss is you keep that mouth shut got it, I never asked for your opinion, okay now scram your not wanted here, who would ever want you around here, that is why your parents dumped you here in the first place, because your unwanted" Trent hissed as I heard everyone step to the edges of the room. The room was filled with an awkward silence.

"YOU LISTEN TO ME, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHY I WAS BROUGHT HERE SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH" Jeff shouted at the top of his lungs. My mind began to wonder. Why was Jeff brought here? What has he been through? Why did he decide to take on Trent? So many questions raced though my head.

I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts by loud rapid footsteps, almost like running, approaching from behind the corner. I walked down the corridor and into the next room. The next room happened to be the library I sat down and picked up a book and pretended to read. The footsteps got louder and louder the closer to the common room they got.

THAT IS ENOUGH" Ross's voice bellowed through the walls. He was angry scratch that he was fuming. I listened to what was happening next door.

"HOW DARE YOU START A FIGHT ON MY PREMISES, YOU HAVE ALL LOST YOUR FREE TIME FOR A WEEK NOW YOU WILL ALL GO UPSTAIRS AND STRAIGHT TO BED WITH NO DINNER DO I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR" Ross dimanded. No one said a word.

"IF YOU DO NOT ANSWER I WILL TAKE YOUR FREE TIME FOR 2 WEEKS NOW LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN DO I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR" Ross shouted loud enough to make a deaf man cry.

"Yes" everyone in the room replied and left the common room. I left the library and walked the stairs. Jeff was walking this way at the other side of the hallway. I sneaked in to my room and pretended to be asleep. I forgot to close the door Jeff will know I followed him. Jeff walked through the door well it is to late to shut it now.

"Must have forgotten to close this when I left" Jeff mumbled to himself Jeff looked straight at me. He turned quietly and shut the door making almost no sound. Jeff took of his hoodie and placed it on the floor in a ball. I watched him as he lied on the floor facing the wall. He must be tired. Well good night Jeff I will speak to you tomorrow.