Kai Parker (& Damon)- Difficult

//Kai still being new to having real emotions and not understanding his feelings for you.//

It was a feeling Kai had never experienced before, it was love- and he couldn't bring himself to understand it. It wasn't the 'childish' or 'puppy' kind of love, no- It was a deep seeded, 'I would die for you', kind of love. And it scared him.

The butterflies that erupted in his stomach whenever he saw you felt more like tsunami waves. And saying his heart would skip a beat would be an understatement; because he could have sworn it had stopped beating altogether more than once.

He was madly, deeply and completely head-over-heels in love with you, and he had absolutely no clue what to do about it.

>>

"So, tell me again, why you're coming to me about this." The elder Salvatore queried uncomfortably, and honestly; spitefully at Kai. The heretic groaned dramatically, rolling his eyes in frustration,

"I don't know what to do-" He pleaded frustratedly, "I don't understand this, any of it."

"What's there not to get?" Damon shot back with furrowed brows, annoyed.

"I don't understand why whenever she's around, I can't stop looking at her or wanting to talk to her." He confessed, "Or when she's not around, then she's all I think about. Or- even worse, when I see her, and it feels like my stomach is just floating around in my ribcage, and my lungs are collapsing."

Damon looked on in subtle amazement at his confession, though with his usual scowl curled onto his features, "You beautiful moron," Damon smirked knowingly.

"You've got it bad." He added, still not particularly wanting to hear about the newfound feelings of the self-proclaimed sociopath.

"God, I'm gonna die, aren't I." Kai muttered satirically.

"Well, if you don't tell her it'll probably kill you." Damon shrugged carelessly in agreeance. Kai sighed in defeat,

"Feelings are hard." He mumbled.

>>

Kai Parker had caught your eye the very moment you met. Sure, he was a little socially awkward and probably on some degree of 'unstable', but you liked him, he was trying- he was different.

>>

Working up the courage; a task he had never had to do, he knocked on your door, shuffling his feet and stuffing his hands into his pockets anxiously as he awaited a response.

The mere sound of the door opening sent his nervous system into overdrive, like a blast of spearmint shot through his veins.

"Kai." You greeted with a smile, the sound of your voice practically making the heretic weak at the knees.

"Y/N, hi." He grinned as if he was surprised to see you, standing at a loss for words. You waited for him to speak, to tell you why he was there, but his voice seemed to fail him.

"Are alright?" You offered kindly. You'd never seen him so silent. He always had a sarcastic comment up his sleeve.

"Yeah, uhm-" He stammered, shaking his head with a smile as he looked to his feet. "Actually, I don't know." He looked up at you sincerely, his stance becoming more confident and his voice steady. "All I know, is that I really like being near you and you make me feel- happy." He began. You blushed, hiding a small smile beneath closed lips as your gaze averted to the floor- you were like a couple of lovestruck teenagers.

"I don't know, Damon says I like you. Like- like like you." His face was contorted into innocent confusion, "But he's like a hundred- old age doesn't do the ol' thinker much good." He joked, gesturing to his head. You laughed, a sound that made his face light up.

 You laughed, a sound that made his face light up

"Well, maybe you do." You shrugged with a smile.

"Oh god, am I acting like a  total schoolgirl? I feel like a schoolgirl." He sighed.

"You might be." You laughed lightly.

"Well then, I think this is the part where I ask you out." He grinned.

"I'd like that." You beamed, "I'd like that a lot."

Thought it was time for some Kai fluff! Sorry it's so short!
Dedicated to all who've asked for more of everyones favourite sociopath💕