He hates it when you...

Stefan: Deny your emotions.
Although Stefan would be hesitant to revoke his vampirism now that he had gotten to where he wanted to be- if he had the choice to turn back time and stop himself from being turned in the first place, the Salvatore would have remained very much human.

Thats why your little habit of burying your emotions drove him mad.

To Stefan, emotions were at the core of humanity, and he longed to have such human feelings consume him just once more.

>>

He always knew when something was bugging you- when the layers upon layers of issues and emotion began to pile up just that little bit too high.

And he hated it.

He hated seeing you that way, and there was nothing more he wanted than for you to let everything out and just, breathe.

>>

"Yes Caroline," You sighed exasperatedly, a small smile tugging at your lips as you spoke to your friend on the phone.

"8:00PM, got it." You added as Stefan made his way down the stairs, stopping to take in your facial expression- he knew you were pushing everything below the surface, and his eyebrows furrowed anxiously as he watched you put on your daily act.

"Care," You giggled, addressing your friend and seemingly stopping her mid-sentence, "I'm not going to be late to the decade dance you planned, don't stress." With everything you had been through and seen- especially as a human- how could you have remained so calm and happy-go-lucky? Simple. You were suffering in silence, and Stefan was never one to let those he cared about suffer at all.

"Alright, I'll see you there. Bye." You grinned, ending the call with a deep sigh- your smile dropping as you set the phone down.

"Hey." Stefan greeted with a small kiss on the cheek as he entered the room. And you responded the very same- that familiar smile curled onto your lips as he gazed at you curiously.

"Are you okay?" He queried, the innocent question leaving you to turn away from the younger Salvatore- masking your thoughts.

"Of course." You giggled, but he saw right through your façade.

"Y/N-- it's okay not to be okay." He added, his eyes still lingering on your features- drawing in what lay hidden beneath the surface.

You didn't respond. Your cold stance could have frozen over the pacific.

"Your emotions are what make you human." He reasoned, "Nobody's as strong as you've been these past couple of months. Talk to me."

"Okay- I'm angry," You began slowly after a couple seconds of thought, "because there are people out there- vampires, who have such a disregard for human life, that they willingly turn themselves into killing machines with the flick of a switch. No reason- no unbearable trauma; they're just bored." He listened intently.

"I'm upset, because people are being killed as we speak. People are losing their family and friends too soon, and theres nothing we can do about it." Your voice had risen and you had began to edge your way closer to the Salvatore.