You turn off your humanity and he gets you to turn it back on

Stefan: You thought you could handle being a vampire. You didn't choose to be one, but you had no other option than to look at the situation positively. But the hunger that lurched in the pit of your stomach ate away at your willpower, and you knew it wouldn't be long before you finally snapped, and you were scared.

Stefan had been helping you, teaching you how to control it, how to feed from animals. But the dull taste of animal blood was nothing in comparison to the metallic taste of human blood you consumed when you first completed the transition.

So instead of feeling the self loathing and guilt you would when you lost control, you decided to take a step ahead of time, and turn it off.
Stefan was heartbroken. He felt like he had failed as your boyfriend and should have been able to prevent you from flipping the switch. He blamed himself more than anyone.

"y/n, please. Turn it back on." He pleaded cautiously.

"Why would I go through that much pain when I can just be happy?" You giggled carelessly as you inspected the bookshelf out of boredom.

"Because this isn't you. You know that you're strong enough to resist the urge, this is just the easy way out. You are better than this." He persisted. You simply scoffed, turning on your heel as you headed for the door.

"That was deep, really. But right now, I'm feeling a little peckish." You smirked. "I'll save you something." With that, you left, the door closing behind you as you sped off into the darkness. Stefan sighed in fear, worry. Wondering how he could bring you back to him. Calling Damon, they set out to find you.

They devised a plan. You had killed, multiple times, and that was sign enough that getting you back would be more than a difficult task. They found you feeding off of some poor innocent boy out the back of the Grille. Rushing to you, Stefan pulled you away from the boy and restrained you against the wall while Damon compelled your victim to forget everything, and leave.

"You guys are no fun." You teased, the lack of humanity and compassion in your voice, let alone your eyes made Stefan cringe.

"y/n you need to stop this. You need to turn it back on." Stefan pressed, looking into your eyes, for any trace of you still in there.

"I can't." You spoke, your voice remaining careless but the demeanor in your gaze changing only slightly before snapping back to the lifelessness they possessed. Stefan noticed this, looking to Damon with hope, he gave a small nod before Damon sped over, plunging a syringe full of vervain into your side. You sucked in a sharp breath, shooting Damon a glare before falling limp against Stefan. He collected you in his arms before making his way back home.

>>

You woke up in a dark, dank room. The stone ground cold to the touch as you shuffled to your feet. Stumbling toward the only source of light, a small, barred window. You squinted a little as you leaned toward the bright light. The sudden realization of where you were washing over you.

"I see you're awake." A voice echoed. Stefan.

"I really don't think that vervaining me and locking me in the dungeon was necessary, but that's just my opinion." You spoke, sarcasm practically dripping from your voice as you smirked maliciously. For probably the third time that day, Stefan's heart sank even further at your words.

He hated to see you like this. Further more; he hated to see you hurt, in pain. But he had to make some sacrifices to get you back. He had to starve you of blood. Leave you until you were physically weak enough to mold back together again.

>>

Two weeks and he had given up on Damon's demands of leaving you there for any longer. Opening the door, your weak figure flinched at the sudden brightness. He walked toward you slowly, stopping when in front of you and kneeling down to your level.