Tyler Lockwood- Sired

//Helping Tyler break his sire bond to Klaus//

He was sired. Trapped. Held hostage in Klaus' ruthless and unforgiving grip with no means of escape. Every word- every demand the original barked at him, he followed through with, despite the hatred he harboured for the vindictive man who ordered him around like a slave. But he had no choice. Both his physical and mental actions at the whim of Niklaus Mikaelson's sick games as Tyler dreamed of nothing more than his freedom.

>>

Klaus had left for New Orleans for a couple a days, without taking the precaution of enforcing Tyler to stay put and await his arrival- a large mistake on his behalf.

You arrived at the Lockwood mansion with a swift knock of the door, the sound of footsteps rushing around inside and the clatter of objects falling to the ground.

"Tyler?" You called out, your voice wavering in confusion over the racket from inside. No answer. "Tyler, I'm coming in!" With a twist of the handle the door opened and you entered the home cautiously.

"Y/N," He breathed, his figure emerging from the top of the stairs frantically as he heard your calls.

"Tyler, what's going on?" You pressed, your brows knit in thought at his seemingly erratic behaviour.

"I'm leaving." He responded nonchalantly as he turned, rushing back up the stairs.

"Wait, what?" You shook your head in confusion, quickly following him to his room- an empty backpack lying on his bed as he rummaged through his drawers, carelessly tossing in items of clothing here and there.

"I need to run away- to break the sire bond." He confessed, his frantic gaze still trained on the dresser that was nearing empty. "I can't follow Klaus' orders anymore." He breathed, glancing at you slightly before moving back to the task at hand.

"So, you know how to break it?" You asked suddenly.

"Yeah, I've got a pretty good idea on how to." He responded.

"Great, then I'll help you." You spoke up, this seemed to pull him out of his frantic haze- his eyes snapping up to meet yours.

"You can't." He interjected suddenly.

"Tyler, I'm not going to let you go this alone." Silence. He knew you were too stubborn to let it go without valid reasoning- a trait that he secretly loved about you.

"What if I hurt you." He muttered- the words being more of his projected fears and thoughts rather than a legitimate question.

"You won't." You sympathized with a small smile, moving forward to rest a hand to his cheek- a gesture that he subconsciously leaned into, savouring your touch.

>>

You had both fled to the Appalachian mountains, a place where you knew Klaus wouldn't look. Tyler was still reluctant about having you go with him, but he knew that you would be the extra strength he needed to get through it, so he didn't put up too much of a fight.

He had found an old, abandoned cellar to bunk in while he worked on breaking the bond. It was cold and dark- and the thick cement walls left nothing but an eery breeze to trickle through the cracks in the ceiling as the severely outdated lighting buzzed in the quiet of the night.

"You're sure you want to do this?" You asked worriedly as you tightened the last of the chains around his arms.

"I don't want to," He sighed, glancing at the heavy steel that bolted him to the ground. "But I have to if I want to break the bond."

You smiled weakly at him- sympathetically. Your eyes gazing at him sadly as you watched Tyler- the boy you secretly loved, put himself through absolute hell to win back his freedom.

"Okay." You spoke quietly- hesitantly.
He looked up at you, his gaze lingering just a little longer than usual before his breaths quickened and he readied himself for the ordeal that lay ahead.

>>

With a crack, and a chilling crunch, his bones began to break; shifting around underneath his skin- now slick with sweat as he panted in agony. Pulling your bottom lip in between your teeth, you stood on the other side of the cellar door, anxiously waiting for his cries to cease as you tried to keep yourself composed.

His screams rung in your ears as you fought the urge to run inside and help him- hold him and make him stop. The corners of your eyes filling with small tears as you flinched at the sounds of complete and utter torture echoing through the cellar- the sounds of Tyler in pain.

Nearly an hour had passed before suddenly, his twisted and contorted figure fell limp onto the cold cement ground with all but the heaving of his chest letting you know he was still alive.

"Tyler." You gasped, your eyes wide, hesitating for a moment before fiddling with the heavy steel gate- screeching it open and rushing to his side. You dropped to your knees, pulling his feverish body into your lap as he lay weakly in your arms.

Your fingers hovered over his face before resting on his cheek, your other hand pressed to his chest as you felt the constant thump of his heart- beating like a drum in a marching band, although, it seemed to slow and steady out under your touch. Lifting one of his hands up, he searched for yours on his chest before grasping it softly. You smiled.

"Thank you f- for not making me do this by myself." He breathed as his eyes opening weakly, shooting you a small smile as heavy, erratic breathing still wracked through his body. As much as he would hate to admit it, Tyler loved you, he really did. But having you there, with him while he fought through shifting scared him- the thought of accidentally hurting you being all that was on his mind as he turned. His fear of hurting you being the only reason he managed to find some degree of control through the shift.

"You're welcome." You smiled tearily- his state of pain and torment having left you hurt. Slowly, he turned onto his side with a pained groan, his hand still clasped around yours as his head rested back down on your lap. You brushed fingers through his hair soothingly, your hand settling on his back.

"I'd never abandon you." You added sincerely- resting your head on his shoulder as you both lay there, in each others hold, and secretly; in each others hearts.

Good ol' Tye. I'm always asked to add him to the preferences, but never sent any imagine requests for him :/ So this is dedicated to everyone who has ever asked for me to write more about Tyler! I hope you like it!x