Elijah Mikaelson- Decisions, decisions

//He has to choose between saving you, and saving others//

Knowing Elijah before he was a vampire had it's perks. It meant you knew what he was really like, before the turn. It meant your relationship with him was as strong as it could be. And of course, it meant that you too, were an original. You and Elijah had fallen madly in love while you were both human, and Elijah, being the stubborn, hopeless romantic that he is, refused going along with his mothers spell to make he and his siblings immortal unless she would turn you too, so you truly could be together forever.

Silas had been brought back, and was using everything he could to his advantage. Including you. In fact, you had a bigger role in the whole 'Silas' situation than one might have thought. You were the leverage.

Exiting your car, you locked it as you made your way to your front door.

"y/n!" A voice called out, Stefan emerging from down the street, jogging to catch up to you.

"Stefan? What are you doing here?" You asked loudly, confused. It was late, and last time you spoke to Elena, one of your closest friends, she said she was staying at the Salvatore house tonight. So why would he not be there with her? They were dating after all. He let out a chuckle before replying.

"I just needed to talk to you." he huffed, his jog slowing to a walk.

"Okay," you paused, a little unsure about his behaviour. He was acting rather strange. "What is it?"

"This." He stated as he came to a stop in front of you. Every action up until then being to distract you from the human he had compelled to sneak up behind you. His arms quickly moved around to your front before he plunged a white oak dagger into your chest. You sucked in a sharp breath, dropping to the ground with a thud as you looked up at Stefan with betrayal and confusion, the black veins growing up from the wound to slowly begin to cover your face. Your vision started to fade as you struggled for breath, Stefan movede closer to your figure, smiling. Only this wasn't Stefan. It was Silas.

He moved your body to the tomb where his once laid, for all those years. Using the power of a witch, he sealed each and every entrance to the tomb, creating strong barriers to those who may try to get in. The spell to do this worked of course, but the magic was weaker than that which Silas needed. He needed someone with more power to help him with the rest of his plan. He needed Bonnie Bennett.

Being the manipulative individual he was, Silas had compelled one of Niklaus' hybrids to deliver his demands of the Bennett witch, with the threat of leaving you locked in the tomb, daggered for eternity. Infuriated, and without thinking anything through, Niklaus attacked Bonnie, and left her for dead. In the hopes he would ruin Silas' plan. Bonnie laid on the floor of the Mikaelson mansion, in a pool of her own blood, slowly fading away as Niklaus was 'too busy' to finish the job and kill her completely. Elijah had been completely oblivious to the entire situation moments before stepping foot into the mansion, instantly being met with the strong scent of blood. Rushing toward the smell, he quickly found Bonnie, lying on the ground and rushed to her side.

"Bonnie, what happened?!" He asked, shocked, looking at her injuries.

"Klaus." She scoffed, as if accepting her adamant death.

"Niklaus did this to you? Why?"

"Silas. He needs me to do a spell. Klaus doesn't want to risk it being possible." She breathed.

"What spell?"

"I don't know." She groaned. "All I know is that he needs me, and if he doesn't get me, he's going to leave y/n daggered in the tomb forever. It doesn't matter anyway, I would never help that sick freak." She breathed out, her breath ragged as she struggled for survival. Upon hearing your name, his body tensed and his heart sunk to the pit of his stomach. How could he not have known you were in trouble?

"What has happened to y/n?!" He yelled in fear.

"He daggered her. Her body is in the tomb he was in, bu- but he's gotten a witch to seal it. Nobody can get it." She managed to speak weakly.

You meant more to him than anything in the world and he wasn't about to let you waste away now. But he stopped himself, calmed himself down, and desperately tried to think rationally about the situation at hand- something his brother would never do.

On one hand, he could let Bonnie die. Silas would have no reason to keep you held captive anymore, and Elijah could try to bargain with him to bring down the barriers and wake you up. But Silas would surely go on a rampage and kill hundreds, maybe even thousands in a fit of anger over having to find an equally powerful being to take Bonnie's place, his victims more than likely including the entire population of Mystic Falls.

But on the other hand, he could save Bonnie, letting her live and giving them more time to come up with something to stop and kill Silas. But then you would stay daggered for longer, possibly even forever considering Silas would be dead. Who could bring down the barriers then?

A loud, agitated groan escaped his lips as he tossed up his options, neither of them being completely satisfying. He suddenly bit into his wrist, lifting it to Bonnie's mouth and allowing her to drink that which she needed to heal. Pulling his wrist away after a minute, he stood up, pulling Bonnie to her feet as well.

"Thank you." She spoke sincerely. Elijah being to torn to reply, simply turned on his heal and began to leave the room. "Elijah." She sighed knowingly. He stopped. "How are we meant to get y/n out of the tomb if-"

"I don't know." He stated suddenly. "All I know is that she would not want Silas to kill innocent people during one of his little temper tantrums."

"I just want you to know; If we kill him before he brings the barrier's down, I don't know if I'll be able to bring them down myself." She said sympathetically.

"Maybe not. But I will be damned if I'm going to let the love of my life fade away in a tomb. She is still alive. That's all the hope I need to bring her back to me." He sighed, thinking back to you. And how you always bring light to dark situations. You were his hope, his faith. But now that you weren't there, he had to bring the light himself. "I'll figure out a way." He muttered to himself solemnly before walking away.

Thank you to FictionalTears for the request! :) I struggled a little bit writing this one, so I really hope it makes sense and that you all like it.x