Will was very proud of his swimwear, to be honest. He had a few different pairs of trunks, but this was probably his favorite pair. Today's swim trunks were blue with yellow suns, (of course) and the swim shirt was navy. He thought he looked rather nice in it. Nico would probably agree.

He gave Mrs. O'Leary a treat and a kiss before leaving for the pool, towel in hand. He'd felt bad for not spending a lot of time with her, but she was often sleeping, anyways. Sometimes the black furred dog slept with Nico, and that made Will think about the times he'd fallen asleep with them.

Whenever he drove in his yellow bug, Will missed Nico's comments about the car. He knew the other boy hated it, and his complaints about the 'disgusting color' made him smile.

He'd also been listening to happier songs less often. They sometimes brightened the blond's mood, but other times he just listened to music that had more meaning. One song that related to him was 'Impossible Year.'

"There's no sunshine
This impossible year
Only black days and sky grey
And clouds full of fear
And storms full of sorrow
That won't disappear
Just typhoons and monsoons
This impossible year"

Will had listened to a few Panic! at the Disco songs courtesy of no one other than Nico, as well as songs by many other bands, but he'd never heard a Brendon Urie song quite like this one. Though he didn't know if there was an official meaning to the lyrics, he felt like they were about him and Nico. Except for the fact that it had been written long before he even met his roommate. But still.

One thing Will knew was that he should stay optimistic. His mom had always told him that as a child. So, naturally, he stated as optimistic as he could. However, that didn't always work out for the blond.

When Will had arrived at the pool, he paid the fee as always, and skipped going into the locker room since he was already dressed.

A moment later, he saw Cecil approach him.

"Hey, man!" Cecil waved.

"Hi. Where's Lou?"

"She's getting dressed. She says we should hang at the 'adult' pool with the swim-up bar at the middle," he replied.

"That sounds good. Do you guys have your IDs on you?"

"Yup," he said, popping the 'p.' "She says we can keep our phones and wallets in her tote bag," he added.

"You can hand them over then," a new voice cut in . It was obviously Lou Ellen. She didn't like wearing bikinis; instead she wore a navy and red striped one piece with bright red sunglasses. The two boys handed over their cell phones, and after they'd all showed their IDs, they handed over their wallets as well.

Lou Ellen had set her bag on a lounge chair, and then the three friends stepped into the pool.

Since Will worked as a lifeguard at the pool at his college, he was used to pools more than the average guy. He'd always take a briefcase to work filled with snacks, which was always his favorite part of the day. The only part he hated about his job was when Nyssa would come in wearing a very slinky bikini. She worked as the person who took care of the actual pool, but he knew she just worked there to see him. She always made sure to walk directly in front of him, like she thought he was going to stare at her or something.