6

*possible trigger warning for alcohol consumption*

The bar was packed. Percy apparently had a lot of friends meeting him; most of the people were around his age. The place reeked of sweat and alcohol.

Nico soon felt lonely, for the first time in a while. He liked being alone, but in a place like this, he felt utterly isolated.

He didn't know many of the other people there, and unfortunately everyone was with their boyfriend or girlfriend.

So, he drank to forget his problems. He didn't even know what a lot of the stuff was, but he didn't care. Nico knew he wasn't drunk. Yet.

Percy suddenly approached him with Annabeth and a guy with a beard that he didn't recognize.

"Hey Nico! This is Grover," Percy said.

"Nice to meet you, Grover." Nico stuck out his hand for him to shake. He figured he'd at least be polite.

"You having fun?" Annabeth asked.

"Uhm, I guess I don't really know anyone here," Nico replied. For once, he didn't lie and say everything was okay.

"Well, we can change that!" Percy exclaimed. He cupped his hands over his mouth and yelled, "Could I get everyone's attention?"

The crowd quieted down quite a bit, and Nico's face reddened.

"I'd like to make a toast to Nico di Angelo tonight!" Percy continued. Jason suddenly came running over with a tray of shots. "To Nico!" Percy yelled again. 

"To Nico!" The other guests repeated, and everyone poured their shots down their throats. It burned Nico's throat, but he didn't care.

He met a lot of people throughout the night. There was a tough looking couple, whose names were Clarisse and Chris, and they'd bought each other drinks. Then there was two wild boys who looked exactly alike--Travis and Connor Stoll. Nico commented that he couldn't tell them apart, but they'd assured him that no one could.

He was soon feeling a bit dizzy from his alcohol consumption, so he decided to try and be responsible for the rest of the night. The last thing he wanted to do was explain to Will why he had a hangover.

Nico would be lying if he said he didn't have fun. He was glad he gave the night a chance. He'd saved up a lot of extra cash in his account while he took part of the summer off, but since he knew it wouldn't last forever, he'd been staying in. Also, the more he was home, the better chances he'd have of seeing Will walk around shirtless. That was always a bonus.

But did he prefer Will over Percy? That was something Nico wasn't sure about. Oh well. He could think about that in the morning.

His thoughts were interrupted when a girl approached him. He let out a sigh of relief when he realized it was just Hazel. She had a soda in her hand; she didn't drink unless it was for a very special occasion.

"Hi, Hazel. Haven't seen you in a while," Nico said lamely.

"Yeah, but you've been busy with your new roommate and all. Oh! How is he? What's his name? Do you think he's hot?" She had a twinkle in her eyes and laughed at her last comment.

"He's fine, pretty annoying to be honest, his name is Will Solace, and he likes to walk around shirtless."

"So I take it that you do think he's hot, ehh?" Hazel wiggles her eyebrows.

"No. I was just stating a fact."

"Maybe he's trying to get your attention by showing off his abs," Hazel suggested, taking a sip of her pop.