eighteen

eighteen—

jimin awoke to silence. not a noise was heard, there wasn't any unusual smell in the air, everything was just still and quiet. but it was peaceful. he just barely opened one of his eyes to see, and he was greeted with the room still being very dimly lit. it made him want to roll over and just sleep again, but he wondered if jungkook was up yet and what time of day it actually was.

jimin nuzzled his head into the balled up sheets in front of him, breathing a tired sigh from his mouth. then again he was too lazy to get up just yet. his position was fairly comfortable. laying on his stomach with his hands under the pillow, face tilted sideways against the pillow and one eye open to see. if he moved his head the other way he was guaranteed that he would be able to fall asleep again.

but he continued to stare in silence at the floor below him. he had begun to notice things about the room like how there were multiple articles of clothing littering the floor and how personal it seemed. he just presumed it was a room, not exactly a personal room. not like a teenager woke up for high school every morning in this room. not for it to be so normal. but this prisons way of doing things had surprised him time and time again, so anything else in the real world could be here.

his thoughts were disassembled briefly by a loud thump coming from the living room. his mind immediately cooked up the scenario of someone breaking in, so he froze in his place and sat up slowly.

he kept his eyes on the doorknob while holding his breath at the same time, waiting for it to turn at any moment and some random dude would burst in trying to kill him. but no one ever came.

so he slid out of the comfortable bed and slowly pulled open the door. he peered out into the hallway, glanced in both directions for any sign of another person, but there were none. so he kept moving.

he stepped into the hall, and tiptoed in the direction of the living room. he slid along the wall, arms spread out and back pressed against it. he looked around the corner, expecting a broken vase or a person standing there. but there was neither of the two. instead, jungkook lay sprawled out across the floor with a blanket tangled around his limbs.

jimin sighed in relief, smiling slightly at the other. he was still sound asleep, so jimin assumed he just rolled off of the couch unconsciously.

jimin approached him quietly, carefully picking his way around the others legs and squatted down beside his head. he stared in silence, watching how jungkook mumbled words he couldn't understand and sometimes twitched a bit.

the whole time he sat there staring, his mind racing with thoughts. this guy was the guy who has saved him not once, not twice, but three times from people he never dreamed of meeting.

jimin stared at his face, examining his closed eyelids and the large nose that he just wanted to boop more and more nowadays. he looked over his lips along with his shaped jawline, and a smile broke out across his face. this was a guy named jeon jungkook, who has helped him in more ways than he could count ever since he got to this prison. jimin's eyes adapted and he realized how well his skin tone contrasted with his raven black hair. jungkook was truly a unique and perfect soul.

"do you usually stare at people while they sleep?" jungkook suddenly said, making jimin jump and startling him out of his thoughts. this resulted in him flushing a deep red and scrambling away from the other. jungkook opened his eyes and chuckled at jimin.

"i-i..." jimin stuttered, "i just heard a thud and i came to check what it was..." he tried to explain himself, but he failed. jungkook only smiled at him and sat up.

"whatever you were staring at me for, it's okay." jungkook said. "i know im good looking." he smirked at jimin, his bunny teeth making an appearance from under his lips. jimin just crossed his arms and kicked jungkooks knee. not too hard, but to serve as a warning.

"be quiet. i was just hungry." he denied his claim, and the thoughts that had sprouted into his head. jungkook nodded and stood to his feet, stretching his arms out above his head as well.

"okay, okay," he said, "i'll fix us some food." jungkook then left to the kitchen. jimin just sat on the floor, arms still crossed and lips puffed out in a pout. his heart had nearly leapt out of his chest when he saw that jungkook was awake.

and he knew why.

he stood up as well and sat in jungkook's place on the couch, still trying to calm his racing heartbeat. he liked jungkook. and there was no doubt in his mind about it.

//tbh school is actually murdering me

what's it like for you guys at school?