seventeen

seventeen—

jimin got out of the tub once he was clean and sure that he could move as normal as possible. he grabbed a towel and rubbed himself dry, shivering from the cold air that ghosted over his skin.

afterwards he slipped on a large gray t-shirt and a fresh pair of underwear along with black pants, all of which were laid out for him. he looked in the mirror, brushing a finger across the large purple bruise on his cheek. the cut across it wasn't too bad, it just barely stung and it had scabbed over slightly.

he pulled open the bathroom door and left, bringing the towel with him as he walked back down the hall from before. the hall ended and opened up into the spacious living room he had been in earlier. jungkook sat on his couch, fiddling with a phone in his hands.

"oh you're done already?" jungkook asked and looked up from the small screen he was holding. jimin nodded, ruffling his hair as he swept the towel around to dry it. "oh, well, you can sit down here if you want."

in silence, jimin did so. he sat beside jungkook, the towel resting in his lap. the silence that filled the air afterwards was unbearable. both of their minds racing with thoughts.

"who was that?" jimin asked. he figured he should go ahead and ask, being he was so curious and jungkook looked like he was about to explain anyways.

"oh, jongin?" jungkook sighed. he slouched in his spot and put his hands on his head, folding his fingers together. "he used to be my assigned prisoner. after getting to know each other, i found out he liked me. we dated for a bit after that."

jimin cringed at those words. jongin and jungkook dating in the past seemed to make him feel considerably uncomfortable.

"what happened?" jimin asked. obviously they weren't on good terms now, so something must have happened.

"well, i figured out he was an asshole and he also beat up other prisoners for small things, like what he was doing to you. i broke up with him and my dad switched him to a different guard."

jimin breathed out, staring hard at the floor. so jongin was just an asshole and jungkook didn't want an asshole.

"oh." jimin said and nodded. "what about all about all of the other guys who look at me like they want to kill me?" jungkook sighed and crossed his legs.

"jongin has most of the prison convinced im the asshole in the situation. and that im heartless and cruel. sure, i can definitely be cruel, but no one really knows the truth. except jin, yoongi, hoseok, namjoon and taehyung. and that is of course, why i stay away from them. for their safety. otherwise the whole prison would be after them like they are you now." jungkook explained, his expression a mixture of exasperation and hatred. for jongin and his goons presumably.

"wow..." jimin said. "everyone is pretty clueless. he basically has everyone eating out of his hand." jimin looked at jungkook. jungkook turned his head to jimin and grinned slightly.

"yes. yes, they are," jungkook smiled at him. "and that is why i think you're a pretty nice guy jimin." jimin blushed and looked away, going back to his shy stare at the floor.

"oh and thanks for saving me from jongin earlier..." jimin spoke gently. "i thought i was done for." jungkook chuckled and stood up, phone grasped in his hand and his other on his hip.