four

four—

jimin pushed open the doors, rushing inside the building. he glanced around, taking quick peeks into other classrooms and janitor closets. of course she wouldn't be in there, but the anxiety that was rising inside him made him want to dig to china in hopes of his heart calming down.

he peered into the girls bathroom, hoping for a noise or an excited laugh from his favorite pupil. it was silent. he quickly glanced under the stall doors hoping for small feet to be there. there was no one. no small feet with the shiny black dress shoes that rose wore everyday to class.

he left the bathroom, checking other rooms and the library before finally deciding that his only main option, was his own classroom.

he power-walked down the halls, not one person to be seen. teachers had vanished, the janitors were nowhere to be found, students were not wandering the halls like normal. of course they were all outside enjoying the special day to the fullest. but it was just him scouring the building for a girl that had disappeared for longer than normal.

jimin stepped slowly into his classroom. briefly pivoting his gaze around the room in hope of spotting the one he came for. his class was bigger than most. almost the size of a school library. chairs accompanied by easels were spread out around the room in groups, cups of brushes and painting trays rested on the counter at the side of the room with the sink. a few towels were beside those for children to dry their hands after cleaning up.

"rose?" he whispered harshly. no answer. there was an unsettling pressure resting in the air, making it hard for jimin to breath in and out. "rose?" he called again. once again, no answer. he approached a door, looking inside of his closet of paints but found nothing. not a sign of the small girl.

he stared, looking around in confusion. it was almost as if no one was here. so had rose even come back to his classroom? he shook his head, she had to. she was nowhere else in the school, so his classroom was the only place she could be.

he sat on his desk, brows furrowed in frustration as he thought. now that he thought about it, soonbok wasn't here either.

muffled noises suddenly vibrated into his ears, making his head shoot up in surprise. he looked around, expecting someone to be in the room, but there was no one. the muffled noises got louder, when he heard a bang come from across the room. there was one place he hadn't checked yet, and that was the empty closet in the back of the room.

another bang sounded through the wall, and he heard clattering noises as the mops in the closet fell onto the floor. in a hurry he sped across the room and grabbed the doorknob. the bad feeling he had had grown, now stuck in his throat like a clog. did he want to open this door?

he squeezed the knob tightly before slowly pulling it open to peer through the crack in the doorway. the room was dim, only a small lamp lit on the empty shelf to the side.

"who do you think you are, you little brat?" a voice seethed angrily.

jimin was trembling at the sound of the voice. it held so much anger that he didn't even know it was possible to be so enraged by something. the door, not being fully open, blocked his view from seeing anyone or anything that was happening. then again, he wasn't sure if he wanted to see what was happening.

"p-please..." a small, high pitched voice spoke. jimin froze as he listened to the small plea. "please let me go..."

the voice was terrifyingly familiar. he slowly pushed the door open a little wider, swallowing the saliva that had collected in his mouth.

"oh no, sweetheart i'm afraid i can't do that." the once angry voice spoke sweetly, sending a shiver down jimin's spine. it was so sweet it made him sick.